Coffee

Questions or comments about hiking in general? Post them here!
zelph

Re: Coffee

Post by zelph » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:34 am

oops56 wrote:
zelph wrote:Cowboy coffee is the way to go If I drank coffee. Ions ago, my brother and I did the cowboy method. There is an old secret way to make the grounds settle to the bottom and stay there. Anyone want to give the secret away :D

Today I remembered the way I altered the pepper grinder. I took it apart and held the base, that still had the handle attached, cupped in my left hand, put the beans in my cupped hand also and turned the handle. Had to turn slow so the beans wouldn't rise up and out of my hand. Nothing ventured, nothing gained ;)
yup just add a little cold water to it
The secret is out......I knew oops would recall the well kept secret. Now don't spread the word around, lets keep it here :mrgreen:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

DarenN

Post by DarenN » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:43 pm

zelph wrote:
oops56 wrote:
zelph wrote:Cowboy coffee is the way to go If I drank coffee. Ions ago, my brother and I did the cowboy method. There is an old secret way to make the grounds settle to the bottom and stay there. Anyone want to give the secret away :D

Today I remembered the way I altered the pepper grinder. I took it apart and held the base, that still had the handle attached, cupped in my left hand, put the beans in my cupped hand also and turned the handle. Had to turn slow so the beans wouldn't rise up and out of my hand. Nothing ventured, nothing gained ;)
yup just add a little cold water to it
The secret is out......I knew oops would recall the well kept secret. Now don't spread the word around, lets keep it here :mrgreen:
anyone who ever read a Louie Lamour Western already knew the answer. :mrgreen:
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

zelph

Post by zelph » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:00 pm

[quote="DarenNquote="oops56"]

yup just add a little cold water to it[/quote]

The secret is out......I knew oops would recall the well kept secret. Now don't spread the word around, lets keep it here :mrgreen:[/quote]

anyone who ever read a Louie Lamour Western already knew the answer. :mrgreen:[/quote]

Why don't they share that info when they see someone talking about that style of coffee? How many of you already knew that coffee trick??? (other than Deacon Daren) How many have read a western by Louie L. ? (not I) :o

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:05 pm

Did not know that and no, I have not read L Lamour novels but always wanted to. I guess I rather watch John Wayne! :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

DarenN

Post by DarenN » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:43 pm

i've known that cowboy coffee trick since i was a teenager.
my Dad read LL westerns and i got to reading them too. my uncle and i have everything LL ever wrote, on a shelf up at the cabin.
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

zelph

Post by zelph » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:33 pm

DarenN wrote:i've known that cowboy coffee trick since i was a teenager.
my Dad read LL westerns and i got to reading them too. my uncle and i have everything LL ever wrote, on a shelf up at the cabin.
I almost started reading his books, everyone was saying how well they were written and were true to life type stories.

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:36 pm

How many of you already knew that coffee trick??? (other than Deacon Daren)

*My hand raised*..No,I haven't read Louie's books...We learned that in an outing to the Stehekin Valley Ranch(north end of Lake Chelan..fly/boat/hike in only)..for a 'cowboy breakfast' before riding rented mountain bikes down the valley.They take you there for breakfast then drop you up about ten miles to ride(coast) back downhill to town.. :mrgreen:
I took along a pack flyrod for fishing the river on the way down ..caught only small ones..:-(
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Knotty

Post by Knotty » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:52 pm

I didn't, and still don't, know the trick. Is it the fine grind thing or something else? It doesn't take much to confuse me.

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:11 pm

The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Post by zelph » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:34 pm

See there......now everybody knows the secret.....post it here and the world knows about it :lol: