"bounce box" signup

Questions or comments about hiking in general? Post them here!
Ridgerunner

Re: "bounce box" signup

Post by Ridgerunner » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:59 pm

DarenN wrote:i know it's cross-boarder and the shipping might be a bit more, but i'd like to play too. i've got tons of extra stuff.
Sounds like the big postage will be "leaving" BC. :lol: This is a great idea ConnieD. ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Post by zelph » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:22 pm

Whoever sends to Daren, include a couple bottles of HEET. Ship ground USPS :D Thinking of you Daren, man can not live on methyl hydrate alone ;)
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

russb

Post by russb » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:08 pm

look like it is I who will be sending it on to you Darren.

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:12 pm

We have a bunch of bottles of Heet marked down to a buck a bottle at Kroger. Not is season anymore! :lol: Corporate does not know about stovie usage! :lol: :DP:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

zelph

Post by zelph » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:28 pm

Where is Garriss located and has it arrived there yet?
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

ggarris

Post by ggarris » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:59 pm

Received and sent on to JBRanger who has received it I believe.

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:06 pm

Sooo, if we lack any new participants, do we bounce it back to Zelph for round two? :lol: The anticipation is mounting. It's like Christmas morning and I am seven years old all over again. :lol: :DP: :DP:

ConnieD

Post by ConnieD » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:20 am

JBRanger, One rod is flint you strike. I use a carbon-steel scraper blade made for a scraper. Other people use a knife.

Two rods are magnesium, you scrape shavings into a little pile to help ignite tinder.

It is on a plumber's chain, like "dog tags" and a survivalist-guy type adds other small stuff on the chain, like a P-38 military issue can opener, and whatever, but the flint and magnesium rods are the essential part of the flint-and-steel firestarter kit.

Now, if you are totally proficient, strike a spark that will ignite alcohol in a cat stove!

Then, again, maybe someone else will like it. I couldn't do it.

The Heiniken cans around here are jumbo, like a keg. I found an "inside-out" Super Stove and a Heiniken can, not sold around here. I know I was delighted: I put up photos on the My Latest "stove kit" thread.

Zelph, It is okay to send Heet?

I think we should go around again. I have acquired more stuff to add.

I am finding out, I pay for something and I like only one component. The rest is extra.

DarenN

Post by DarenN » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:59 am

i know all about that kid a christmas thing. ;) been wandering about all day looking at stuff to add to the box.

it would be a good idea not to include any flammables in the box. they'd never clear customs.
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

JBRanger

Post by JBRanger » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:33 am

It is in my possession. Should go out today or tomorrow at the latest.

I thought it was a fire starter, but heck if I couldn't get the thing to work right. Oh well.... passing on it. I took what I wanted and added some stuff. Almost need a bigger box.