"bounce box" signup

Questions or comments about hiking in general? Post them here!
Ridgerunner

Re: "bounce box" signup

Post by Ridgerunner » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:27 pm

I hope he didn't put one in there If he did, the border officials will keep the package forever.
Even if he did, I don.t think it would make it past the pacific time zone! :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

DarenN

Post by DarenN » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:38 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:
I hope he didn't put one in there If he did, the border officials will keep the package forever.
Even if he did, I don.t think it would make it past the pacific time zone! :lol:
if i built one it wouldn't make it past the workshop door!! :lol:

there is something new in the bouncey box that i hope someone will like. it's the prototype of the MK1-UL.
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

ConnieD

Post by ConnieD » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:45 pm

ridgerunner,

Huh? I took out two items. I put in more items than I took out.

I even put in a genuine Caldera Cone and Fosters beer can and AntiGravity Gear container. I only had the gram weenie version, for fire tabs, so I didn't have their alcohol stove. It was the Gossamer Gear version.

Of course, it wasn't nearly so cool, or hot, as a signed original zelph inside-out stove and wrinkle windscreen. :mrgreen:
Last edited by ConnieD on Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ConnieD

Post by ConnieD » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:49 pm

DarenN,

MK1-UL prototype :?: I hope it doesn't violate the secrets act or international trade restrictions for MK Ultra secrets. :geek:

I know I want one, especially if it does.

Did anyone tell you I did a parody on MK Ultra, once, called "Mary Kay Ultra" :oops: To have known about it, you would have to have had access to U.S. Navy backchannels.

ConnieD

Post by ConnieD » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:55 pm

ridgerunner,

I forgot: I did take that Heineken can. Portland OR has micro-breweries, and so, Heineken isn't commonly sold here. I really needed a genuine Heineken beer can.

I admit it. I was greedy.

I tried to make up for it by, additionally, putting in a flintsteel rod on a dogtag-type neck chain survivalist's are supposed to like. I know I don't want one. No one here knew what it was.

Finally, zelph did a video showing how to light an alcohol stove with a firesteel rod.

DarenN

Post by DarenN » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:32 pm

Hey Connie!
the bounce box is in the mail! :D you should have it within 12 business days (they said :roll: ).

check this out!
Zelph sent the box, from IL, to me, in British Columbia, for a cost of less than $6.00.
i sent the box from, British Columbia, to Connie, in OR, for a cost of $16.10! :o
NAFTA? my ever-widenning ass!! :evil:

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:55 pm

Yeah..but that's canadian money... :lol: (how long has that phrase been used...Canadian malemutes eat a lot of food compared to the US burros.... :mrgreen:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

DarenN

Post by DarenN » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:14 pm

the Canuck Buck is very close to "par" with the US dollar these days.
the Buck started to nose-dive back about the mid '70s, and got as low as 60 cents on the dollar. the Buck was actually worth more than the Dollar a few months back. it was atributed to the US politicians' "war mongering". yeah, whatever :roll: !

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:50 pm

I know..but that was the expression used around here for a LOT of years...That's alright..You guys took us for a ride every time we went skiing in the Okanogan..Every resort had a different rate of exchange and none of them were near what it should have been...Silver Star,Big White,and that other one(?..been awhile)..hmm..Apex Alpine?.. :roll:
I guess it's pay back time by your own government... :lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:57 pm

there is something new in the bouncey box that i hope someone will like. it's the prototype of the MK1-UL.
DarenN, does it have the chimney stove pipe and flue accessories for tent camping? :lol: :DP:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !