"bounce box" signup

Questions or comments about hiking in general? Post them here!
Ridgerunner

Re: "bounce box" signup

Post by Ridgerunner » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:09 pm

DarenN wrote:
realityguy wrote:Hey!How come there's no steak on the bar-B??? :o
the cows are all out making patties for Zelphie to burn. :lol:
A nice thick pork chop would suffice and I know Zelph is not out collecting those pies! :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:19 pm

Maybe Connie can dry out those patties for Zelph on her new stove... :roll:

:lol:

I'm leaving Monday morning for a few days out at the beach..You gonna miss me,Connie..while I'm gone? :cry:

:lol:

Toleak,here I come!Hiking locally in the morning to a couple lakes also...
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

ConnieD

Post by ConnieD » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:08 pm

This looks like a nice wood stove. The woodworker neighbor just used an axe on some scrap bin cherry, dark cherry and hard rock maple for it :!:

I found the Neufeld MK1 Woodstove original thread. This, of course, is the MK1-UL which I will take to the FedEx store to be weighed. Next, I will burn dry twigs and little pine cones just like the original thread with pictures and I have the weiwatch app on my iPod Touch, now, for timing hot water and flame out.

I will, next, use the cherrywood kindling and finger-width sticks chopped on a stump with a small axe, for authenticity, for bushcrafters. Then, we will see if the cherrywood will last longer in a small wood stove.

I will have the statistics, soon, reporting the Neufeld MK1-UL in a separate thread.

Enjoy the few days at the beach realityguy,

Take pictures.

russb

Post by russb » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:44 pm

Is this thing still in transit from Canada?

ConnieD

Post by ConnieD » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:12 pm

I have it. I put more "goodies" in it.

I went to a UPS package store, today, but it was closed for the Fourth of July (Monday included).

I wanted to post it is on-its-way. It will be sent out, tomorrow. It should get to you in a reasonable amount of time, from then.

zelph

Post by zelph » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:15 pm

I will have the statistics, soon, reporting the Neufeld MK1-UL in a separate thread.
Don't let any grass grow under foot to get some fire going in that fire machine :o :lol: :mrgreen:

Lucky girl!!!!!!!

See me green with envy and big teeth and big smile :mrgreen:

We want to see fire sooooooooon!!!!!!
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

DarenN

Post by DarenN » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:25 pm

ConnieD wrote:I will have the statistics, soon, reporting the Neufeld MK1-UL in a separate thread.
Connie;
MK1-UL is a bottom lit stove, just like the original MK1.
put the stove together and load it with your tinder, then kindling, then twigs and cones, pinch it from two sides so it won't slide apart, pick it up and light it from the bottom.
a note of caution; be prepared to set it down right quick! flames will be shooting out the top in about two seconds!!
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

ConnieD

Post by ConnieD » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:14 am

The "first fire" MK1-UL U.S. Forest Service campground, Clark Fork, Montana:

It doesn't take much, in term of twigs and small bits of wood. I had high flames from very little wood. When the fire settled down and there was no smoke, I put on a pan of water, the same pan as my avatar, my favorite for backpacking.

2 cups water boiled in 3.5 minutes, if I recall. I do have a stopwatch app running on my iPod in the picture. The fire was hot enough, when I put the pan of water back on the stove to reheat after I had time to add-hot-water to baxkpacking food, the water quickly had bubbles and "smoked" so it was hot enough to make coffee.

The fire, small as it was, burned for a half hour.

I purchased a small tripod before leaving town. I have video.

I expect to be a house guest in Great Falls, MT. If I get there today, I will edit the video and get it up online

I have enough video for two or three videos: my camp, the MK1-UL and an instructional video on how to have a wood fire for camping and put the fire "dead out". There was a nice U.S. Forest Service sign at the campground to remind you to put your fire "dead out".

I hope the next person on the "bounce box" likes what he finds in there, as much as I do.

DarenN

Post by DarenN » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:57 am

that MK1-UL is a prototype. i never did any boil tests on it.
3.5 minutes to boil two cups beats the original MK1. i'm pleased! :D
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

zelph

Post by zelph » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:38 pm

DarenN wrote:that MK1-UL is a prototype. i never did any boil tests on it.
3.5 minutes to boil two cups beats the original MK1. i'm pleased! :D
Do you have any of your ultralights out being tested by your paddling buddies? Do you have plans to make a batch and have them made available to the world? :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/