Heineken Pot

Questions or comments about hiking in general? Post them here!
Wonderboy

Re: Heineken Pot

Post by Wonderboy » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:22 pm

I actually took back my can opener back to walmart and found a Good Cook single handed opener. Before I take a file to the can opener, maybe I will try the file on the Heineken can to see how it comes off. Thanks for the idea.

zelph

Post by zelph » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:00 pm

Place the opener on top of the can in position, press down on the half round wire rod that extends to the left with your forefinger of the left hand. Now squeeze the handles together to engage the wheel and cutter blade. Now hold the cutter with the left hand and keep the forefinger pressing on the half round rod so that it stays in contact with the can top. Crank away on the turning handle. What you mean you're not a contortionist :mrgreen: ????? My opener is from Kmart
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

jounderw

Post by jounderw » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:18 pm

Yeah if the can opener idea isn't working, and it didn't for me either, so go online and youtube it because I found a really useful video on there and was seriously at a loss because I couldn't get the top off. Anyway, I ended up watching a tutorial on youtube and got it off. The reason I was so frustrated is because I have taken one off before and it wasn't all that long ago. They must have made some design change to it.

zelph

Post by zelph » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:04 pm

jounderw wrote: They must have made some design change to it.
I have not tried a recently made can so I can't really tell if there is a can change.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:27 pm

Some of the safety cutters tell you to start winding slightly in reverse to engage the cutter and then turn the correct way. ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !