Happy New Year soon

Questions or comments about hiking in general? Post them here!
Pure Mahem

Re: Happy New Year soon

Post by Pure Mahem » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:35 pm

Got up this morning yawned, landlord plowed drive way, moved car for parking spot to be plowed out and went back to bed, lol! Thanks for reminding me why I have a fourwheeler with a plow sitting at my mom's house for when I buy my own house! Got more snow than you oops but maybe not after the next storm, lol! :mrgreen:
"Lad I don't know where you've been. But, I see you won first prize!"

zelph

Post by zelph » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:20 pm

Pure Mahem wrote:Got up this morning yawned, landlord plowed drive way, moved car for parking spot to be plowed out and went back to bed, lol! Thanks for reminding me why I have a fourwheeler with a plow sitting at my mom's house for when I buy my own house! Got more snow than you oops but maybe not after the next storm, lol! :mrgreen:
My son-in-law slept-in, did'nt get his car moved in time out of the lot. It was towed at the tune of $250.00. My daughter was not happy bout that. Top it off he lost his cell phone in the snow somewhere, an additional $100.00 to get a new one. That was just before the new year began. Let's think positive :mrgreen:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Pure Mahem

Post by Pure Mahem » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:56 am

I'm thankful I won't get towed if I sleep in! I have off street parking, I just wouldn't get my spot cleaned out, Doesn't matter either way that's what the four wheel peel is for, LOL! I had an expensive new year about ten years ago, not my proudest moment it took five cops to handcuff me! I don't play those games nomore there expensive total cost $6,322 plus 6 months probation and counciling and one year with no license. And which is why it took so many cops to get me in hand cuffs I WASN'T FREAKIN DRIVING!!!!!! cousin....no license......17th DLS......cousin lies......I break his nose....it just gets worse I'll stop! Glad I can laugh about it now! :mrgreen:
"Lad I don't know where you've been. But, I see you won first prize!"

Tony

Post by Tony » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:07 pm

I have just spent two days at the beach trying to learn to surf, snow skiing is easier. I did some saltwater fishing lost the biggest fish I had every hooked but lost him while trying to land it, it got much bigger after a few beers and some red wine.
Snow people are abounding here on the slopes, on the trails, 4 wheeelers on the frozen lakes drag racing the skiboats, roasting chesnuts by the fireplace, catching huge amounts of fish through the ice . So what if it was -4 degrees here this morning I'll wait till the sun has been up for a few hours and then go out
I am jealous about the snow and cold weather activities that you have over there, please do some winter activities for me while I swelter in near 100 F.
I would say don't make me come down there! But, fact is you have to many things that would kill me if I accidently stepped on them. Seeing how I'm kind of a clutz and I hate those slithering spike mouthed bugger's, I'll just sit here drink my hot cocoa and watch the lovely snow coming down outside. Already have a foot on the ground and it's snowing again.
Hi Pure Mahem

In Southern OZ we don't have any large animals to worry about, no big bears or large cats, but in the north we have the Saltwater Crocs big and very dangerous, the north also has the most poisonous snakes.

Snakes can be a bit of a problem but like your bears if you are carefull then they are not a problem. The biggest danger is the common Brown Snake they are the third most poisonous snake in the world and there are lots of them. I have nearly been bitten twice but they are more frieghten or you as your are of them and if you make a bit of noise they usually get out of the way. We also have some dangerous spiders but I have not had a problem with them. In Australia you are much more likely to get lost, hurt yourself, run out of water, get eaten by a shark of croc than die from a snake bite.

You would be welcome to come down and do some walks anytime, I am sure you would love it here.

Tony

zelph

Post by zelph » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:47 pm

This is for Tony

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Tony

Post by Tony » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:17 pm

Thanks Zelph,

That is as close as I can get to skiing these days, I hope you have a good ski.

Tony