Thanksgiving

Questions or comments about hiking in general? Post them here!
Ridgerunner

Thanksgiving

Post by Ridgerunner » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:53 am

MAY YOUR STUFFING BE TASTY, MAY YOUR TURKEY BE PLUMP, MAY YOUR POTATOES 'N GRAVY HAVE NARY A LUMP. MAY YOUR YAMS BE DELICIOUS, MAY YOUR PIES TAKE THE PRIZE, MAY YOUR THANKSGIVING DINNER STAY OFF OF YOUR THIGHS!! ~ HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL :D
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Re: Thanksgiving

Post by realityguy » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:58 am

"Gooble,gooble"..translated from a wise old turkey.." Make sure you eat ham instead!" :cry:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

sudden

Post by sudden » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:18 pm

Happy Thanksgiving. (aka deer season)
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."

zelph

Post by zelph » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:13 pm

I'm thankful for all the great folks that stop on by and chat with us during this past year. Lots of great ideas and chit chat have come across the pages. I'm a whole lot more informed than a year ago thanks to you all. Thanks to all that have donated to my cause of making stoves. The money I make off the few stoves I reinvest for new materials and research. My hobby is addictive as a few of you know. :roll: I'm especially grateful that RR is recovering well from his encounter with a deer crossing the road. And for Daren recovering well from his surgery and also for RG's recovery from "tennis elbow/fingers" because of all the tent sewing he's been doing ;) :mrgreen:

I ate well, laughed a lot and am enjoying this day with good memories of this past year. :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

hplar

Post by hplar » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:27 pm

Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving... Haven't posted recently but I try to keep up with daily posts... Have a few stove ideas but not enough time to tinker...

zelph

Post by zelph » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:34 pm

Thanks for stopping by and for the holiday wishes. I pigged out good and laughed alot :o

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:48 am

We were smart this year and teamed up for thanksgiving dinner with another couple our age,no family,no kids!..Both party's supplied half the food and we ended up with twice the variety last night with turkey and ham,two different salads,stuffing,mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes,pumpkin pie and cake)plus the normal beer,wine,cranberries,appetizers,dips,etc,etc....Then everything was split pretty much down the middle.Tonight was TG2 with turkey and everything,and tomorrow night will be TG3 based on the spiral cut ham and more trimmings.
I think my favorite leftovers are lightly toasted potato bread,smothered in mayo, covered with thick slabs of turkey white meat,a nice thick layer of cheddar,overly dribbled with turkey gravy,ground salt and pepper, and then more mayo on the top slice of bread.Throw that in the nuker until everything is dripping. Lean over a plate to catch all the dripping. :shock:

:dinner: :roll: :lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

DarenN

Post by DarenN » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:47 am

what i miss most about having been married to an American woman. TWO Thanksgivings!! :lol:
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

zelph

Post by zelph » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:40 pm

I think my favorite leftovers are lightly toasted potato bread,smothered in mayo, covered with thick slabs of turkey white meat,a nice thick layer of cheddar,overly dribbled with turkey gravy,ground salt and pepper, and then more mayo on the top slice of bread.Throw that in the nuker until everything is dripping. Lean over a plate to catch all the dripping. :shock:
egads!!!! I just had lunch and your favorite leftovers made me want another turkey sandwich :lol: :hungry: :marsh: :fire:

Went to my wifes sisters house to have dinner with her other 7 sisters and one brother. There were a few people there :lol: