Wow!

Questions or comments about hiking in general? Post them here!
sarah

Wow!

Post by sarah » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:58 am

Hey there folks! It's been a while since I've visited this forum, it's expanded a lot! I just wanted to give a shout out to Zelph and his fancy feast stove!!! I completed my thru-hike of the AT in September, and although a little banged up upon finishing, my one little fancy feast stove lasted the entirety of the trail. Hats off to you Zelph, for creating such a simple, light weight, efficient little stove. I look forward to trying some more of your stoves out in the future. :)

zelph

Re: Wow!

Post by zelph » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:45 am

Thank you Sarah. Congratulations on the completion of your "Thru Hike" of the AT. Great accomplishment. Do you have a "journal" of your adventures?

The Fancee Feest has become a favorite to many. I only have one in stock as of yesterday. :o I need to weld up some of the pot supports for another batch. I got sidetracked playing with a wood burning stove.

Thanks again for the great feedback on your experience with the Fancee Feest. :D

Have you been making DIY stoves or any other items?
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:08 pm

Ditto Sarah! Congratulations on the completion of your "Thru Hike" of the AT. I am envious! I hope you enjoyed yourself. Would you do it again if the opportunity arised? Like Zelph, I would be interested to know if you had an online journal? What was your trail name and how did you get it?
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

oops56

Post by oops56 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:25 pm

this is great a low cost stove that made over 2 thousand miles on the trail no brake down and good report of a stove not cost 50.dollars or more like some one we know. :D
Man play with fire man get burnt

zelph

Post by zelph » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:25 pm

oops56 wrote:this is great a low cost stove that made over 2 thousand miles on the trail no brake down and good report of a stove not cost 50.dollars or more like some one we know. :D
Makes me laugh that someone would pay over $50.00 bucks for an alcohol stove. There are folks out there paying ove $100.00 for a wood burning stove that holds less than a small soup can :roll:

One person over on whiteblaze called one of his stoves a "toy" It was in the gear section a couple months ago. LMAO :lol:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

ConnieD

Post by ConnieD » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:36 am

None of the stoves I have are "toys". Each and every stove, from here, does the job.