Tsunami WaRNING

Questions or comments about hiking in general? Post them here!
zelph

Re: Tsunami WaRNING

Post by zelph » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:02 am

Don't know if you are aware of this software.
Seems like there is software for anything and everything. Microsoft puts all kinds of unwanted software into my computer every day. The first time I shut off my new laptop a little window poped up and said do not turn off your computer, 2 of 56 udates loading, your computer will automatically shut off. I was upset to say the least :twisted:

cool site for scientists interested in geology. How did you know of it Sudden?
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:13 pm

There was some concern here for the wife's father who lives on the west coast of Oahu at Maile..elevation about 10' and 100 yards or so across the hwy from the beach there.I guess their warning signal went off and they had lots of time to get to higher ground..returned home without any problems.
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Post by zelph » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:40 pm

realityguy wrote:There was some concern here for the wife's father who lives on the west coast of Oahu at Maile..elevation about 10' and 100 yards or so across the hwy from the beach there.I guess their warning signal went off and they had lots of time to get to higher ground..returned home without any problems.
glad to hear they are ok!!!! Scary situation them sunami waves. They sure do pack a whollup

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:55 pm

The other islands to the west pretty much blocked Oahu from damage..supposedly some small damage to maui and the big island...
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Post by zelph » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:31 pm

I just sent a package to the Big Island. takes less time to get there than southern california :?: Less time to ship to BC also than SoCal

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:19 pm

Everything gets flown to Hawaii..then it isn't very far to any place there,just a day or same day.Some spots in CA might be more remote,especially for hikers..small towns,etc..Gets stuffed in a big truck to a main post office,then a smaller truck to others,then to mr. postman.
BC for me is pretty quick right across the border..even have had a couple buyers drive down(avoiding custom fees,I think..?I give them full receipts)