Single overnighter this weekend!

Questions or comments about hiking in general? Post them here!
JBRanger

Single overnighter this weekend!

Post by JBRanger » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:01 pm

Got a single over nighter this weekend. Gonna be doing some trout fishing as well on the Toccoa. I'll report back how it went. :DP:

Ridgerunner

Re: Single overnighter this weekend!

Post by Ridgerunner » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:22 pm

Take a camera. We want pics! ;) Nothing better than fresh caught trout in the backwoods :fishing: :hungry:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

JBRanger

Post by JBRanger » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:28 pm

Well no trout to take pics of. Still, had an awesome time. Gear worked great, and overall the trip was a success.

Still, I want to make a decent underquilt for my hammock. I never truly got cold with my poncho liner UQ (PLUQ) but it only got to 50 as well so... I think the goal for this summer is a DIY winter UQ.

zelph

Post by zelph » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:52 pm

Any amount of time spent out in the woods is time well spent :D Fishing is "ZEN" catching a fish is the byproduct of FISHZEN :o I think I made a funny 8-)

Glad you had a good time. Start checking the thrift stores for down filled comfortors. Convert them to undquilts. Nice DIY project. Don't procrastinate like me and my teepee :o :mrgreen:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/