Weekend Camping Trip

Questions or comments about hiking in general? Post them here!
cadyak

Weekend Camping Trip

Post by cadyak » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:20 pm

Looks like Ill be going on a three night camping trip tomorrow. Not going to be roughing too much though.
Looks like the campsite is right on the bank of the Suwannee River in Live Oak, Fl.
I grew up fishing on this river because my grandparents lived in Cross City, Fl.

I hear there are actually supposed to be 1000 other people there along with the DirtyDozen Brass Band, Allman Brothers, Taj Mahal, Derek Trucks Band, Steve Miller, Robert Plant, some of those Marley Boys..and on and on...

Sister in law purchased a ticket for me to attend since Mama said I need a vacation:
I really didnt want to go but I guess I am going to make the best of it. I get to test out some camping gear, fish, lay in my hammock and listen to music, grill food and make fires in my stoves so it wont be so bad.

http://www.waneefestival.com/

I have a friend who will have a booth there who asked me to bring some stoves. Hoping to catch the eye of some pyromaniac hippi folk with expendable income. Yall have a good weekend!

sudden

Re: Weekend Camping Trip

Post by sudden » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:11 pm

I think it will be a sellout on the stoves.

Too bad you have to suffer through the rest of it :mrgreen:
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:51 pm

I agree with sudden. The stoves will sell and the trip is worth just the musical talent that will be performing. Beware of any rogue gaters along those banks. :o :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Post by zelph » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:08 pm

Hoping to catch the eye of some pyromaniac hippi folk with expendable income.
Get a holloween smoke maker and pipe it into the stove. Anything "smoke" related will get their undivided attention :mrgreen:

You're going to have fun, I just know it!!!!!

Nice poster, who made it?

Is this where you'll be camping?

http://www.musicliveshere.com/content/index.php

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

cadyak

Post by cadyak » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:28 am

Yes thats the place. I have actually started to get more excited about the trip.
I am hoping that we have some trees for hammocks. My brother in law is a tail-gater extraordinaire and has a bunch of great car camping gear so I dont have to bring to much. :lol:
I have spent the whole late evening trying to get stoves together. I wish I had thought about it sooner. I am thinking about taking a few materials and tools with me to make some windscreens, potstands, and ti-wire stakes. I also have a bags of chocolate muffins, bread mixes, focaccia and a 5 gallon bucket packed with broken up pecan and cherry limbs. :DB: (first dancing banana)

I wish I had more alcohol stoves. I never thought about them but Ill bet they would go pretty well at a gathering like this.
I am guessing that there is going to be quite a mix of people attending. ;)
I have a bunch of already burned-in stoves that I hope to get rid along with the new ones.

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:19 am

Hang a hookah pipe out a couple of those stoves...oughta sell those quick that way... :roll:

Dual purpose!They can also use them as beer bongs for the rednecks!

:lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

ConnieD

Post by ConnieD » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:05 pm

I thought of that!

Note: have someone watch your stuff at all times, especially tools.

I lived next to the Haight-Ashbury neighborhood for 18+ years.

That crowd like to buy direct to support the artist-craftsman.

If you are seen making something, that is all the better.

Have your different design-motifs there: you may get prepaid special orders.

We all (coffeeshop people) "encouraged" a taxi cab driver to make t-shirts from his art. He did. He sold one gross box of t-shirts in less than one hour. The best part of the story: his design is the Aku-Aku design. The really cool Grateful Dead got him steady income from it. His design is the red and blue skull design!

zelph

Post by zelph » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:03 pm

sudden wrote:I think it will be a sellout on the stoves.

Too bad you have to suffer through the rest of it :mrgreen:

Even have tie-dyed pattern in your poster/print.

yeh, suffer through the rest of it :DB: (not first banana)
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

cadyak

Post by cadyak » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:02 pm

Well,
I had a lot of fun but nothing really turned out as I had hoped as far as the Firemug sales. It turned out that my old friends booth was way too small to put any of my stuff in. It was also in a very congested area that was filled with people who did not need to have access to fire in their state of mind. :D
I couldnt really find a nice place to "hock my wares" without camping with the 20 yr olds. :shock:

the music was excellent, I had a lot of time to make stuff, and on the last day I put up a table with my posters near the entrance to the primitive camping and finally sold 3 different used mugs to a very sweet lady who really loved them. (3 ft long gray dreadlocks, bikini, driving a Mercedes SUV)

ConnieD

Post by ConnieD » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:51 pm

Sry. But I am smiling and laughing so hard, I got tears in my eyes:
people who did not need to have access to fire in their state of mind. :D
a very sweet lady who really loved them. (3 ft long gray dreadlocks, bikini, driving a Mercedes SUV)

Photos?