Newby

Questions or comments about hiking in general? Post them here!
realityguy

Re: Newby

Post by realityguy » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:07 pm

RG, my daughter is fed up with rain out there and is going to return to the sunny midwest in January. :mrgreen:
..and she didn't even get into a thrift store.. :o ..yes this was quite a deluge we've been having lately..Come January and our 40-50 degree temps to your teens and single digits..she may change her mind.heck we may even get our one or two more days of snow this year.We did already have a fluke day/inch or two of it..
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Post by zelph » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:11 pm

realityguy wrote:
RG, my daughter is fed up with rain out there and is going to return to the sunny midwest in January. :mrgreen:
..and she didn't even get into a thrift store.. :o ..yes this was quite a deluge we've been having lately..Come January and our 40-50 degree temps to your teens and single digits..she may change her mind.heck we may even get our one or two more days of snow this year.We did already have a fluke day/inch or two of it..
This year is going to be different from all years. ;) Get your food storage items in early :o
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:29 pm

This year is going to be different from all years. ;) Get your food storage items in early :o
I think I told you earlier that my wife grew up with a "Oahu-mom-n-pop-country-store-mentality..Don't worry..she keeps the shelves WELL BEYOND "stocked"...We have to sort stuff by expiration dates.. :roll:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:22 am

If times get too bad, I'm heading to Stumpjumpers. I know he has 20 -25 five gallon buckets with vacuum packed food(rice, flour, sugar, MH meals, etc) and water tight screw on sealable lids, over 100 jars of peanutbutter and lots of canned vegetables. ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Post by zelph » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:06 am

Over 100 jars of peanutbutter......wow!!! good comfort food :D And if you get snowed in how much of a walk is it to his house?

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:13 pm

2-3 miles as a crow flies but I don't think he is worrying about snow :roll:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:39 pm

I heard peanut butter goes rancid after awhile..You better grab a couple boxes of crackers and a couple gallons of jam and head over there for Thanksgiving...

..or..guess what you'll be eating on your next hunting trip.. :roll:

ideas for peanut butter use...Back in Hawaii in the 70s they had a pizza place called Anna Banana's.There specialty was Pineapple and Peanut Butter Pizza(with cheeses of course)..and $1 pitchers of beer!They sold a lot of beer... :lol:

zelph

Post by zelph » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:23 am

There specialty was Pineapple and Peanut Butter Pizza(with cheeses of course)..
That sounds gross, yuk!!!!

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:55 am

zelph wrote:
There specialty was Pineapple and Peanut Butter Pizza(with cheeses of course)..
That sounds gross, yuk!!!!
Hey, you're on the island. Makes sense to me. They should have sprinkled a little coconut in with the cheese. :lol: When it comes to pizza, I learned years ago, don't knock it until you tried it. ;)

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:33 pm

With pictures of beer for $1..no one cared..Actually they weren't that bad..if I remember right. :roll:

They did sell a LOT of beer..

:lol: