What are your Go To cook kits?

Questions or comments about hiking in general? Post them here!
JesterJosev

Re: What are your Go To cook kits?

Post by JesterJosev » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:28 pm

Each persons definition of "cook kit" is different lol. Theres nothing wrong with cookin down the road in a really nicely kitted out car. :DB:

zelph

Post by zelph » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:41 pm

JesterJosev wrote:Each persons definition of "cook kit" is different lol. Theres nothing wrong with cookin down the road in a really nicely kitted out car. :DB:
Did you notice the model of that car. I was described as a 4 door saloon. a saloon in western movies was a place to have a shot of whiskey and a few beers to chase it down. After a few of those there were plenty of ladies to spend the evening with singing songs around the player piano :mrgreen:

Good old "boiler makers" is what we called the shot and a beer. Steamjam calls it something else :mrgreen:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

steamjam

Post by steamjam » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:22 pm

zelph wrote:
JesterJosev wrote:Each persons definition of "cook kit" is different lol. Theres nothing wrong with cookin down the road in a really nicely kitted out car. :DB:
Did you notice the model of that car. I was described as a 4 door saloon. a saloon in western movies was a place to have a shot of whiskey and a few beers to chase it down. After a few of those there were plenty of ladies to spend the evening with singing songs around the player piano :mrgreen:

Good old "boiler makers" is what we called the shot and a beer. Steamjam calls it something else :mrgreen:
A shot and a beer? haha You guessed it! We call that a "High Ball" drink. I had one just now. Ebay is dangerous when you have a high ball or two in you. I just ordered a cold war era Russian white gas/gasoline camp stove. I guess Ill do a comparison test in the future with my Coleman 533 and Optimus 8r..... Got to hand to the ruskies. They make good, simple stuff thats tough as nails, and lasts decades.

steamjam

Post by steamjam » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:30 pm

And of course. We have trunks, fenders, and sedans.. They have boots, wings and saloons while they drive on parkways and we park on driveways.

zelph

Post by zelph » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:43 pm

steamjam wrote:And of course. We have trunks, fenders, and sedans.. They have boots, wings and saloons while they drive on parkways and we park on driveways.
That's good! I like that :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/