Motor Sich PT3

Questions or comments about hiking in general? Post them here!
oops56

Re: Motor Sich PT3

Post by oops56 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:38 pm

realityguy wrote:Like most of those stoves..I'd fill only about 3/4 or less..and try it.
its got a pump so makes no difference low or hi fuel in tank
Man play with fire man get burnt

zelph

Post by zelph » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:06 am

*Tip of the day: Don't go drinking with your buddies, then come home and cruise Ebay.*
:lol: I missed that tip when I read your 1st post hahah....."stupor impulse purchase" aka SIP

Where is the priming cup located?
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

steamjam

Post by steamjam » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:34 pm

The stove itself it really robust. There are no brass, copper, or aluminum parts to this. Its all steel. The clam shell is made out of 14-16ga sheet metal. It's built like a tank, and your not going to hurt it easily. The pump handle and stove valve on the side are not removable for storage, and you fill the tank by holding the stove on its side and removing the pump. Its got a handle at the clam shell pivot. The priming pan is about the size of a quarter and is located right under the stove valve. When I get home I'll take a pic of it next to my 8R and my 533 for a size comparison... This is no back packing stove. It's WAY too heavy for that.

Once I figured out I needed to clean out the cosmoline, the stove worked "O.K.".. I've seen better, at the same time I've seen worse. I think with a little bit of tinkering about, it will make a nice stove.

zelph

Post by zelph » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:22 pm

Are you able to put some primer fuel in the outer ring under the pre-heat tube that spans over the burner head?
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/