I was *really* bored at work....

Questions or comments about hiking in general? Post them here!
realityguy

Re: I was *really* bored at work....

Postby realityguy » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:16 pm

What would be really bad is if he bought the boots in YOUR size.. :o ..Are you sure you were only DRINKING last night? :lol: :lol:
That's why smart people quit drinking.. :mrgreen: ..( Oh I have a beer every now and then...not a teatotaler...
I just passed one of these for $24..needed cleaning and didn't have the fuel tank cap..
http://www.outdoor-campstove.com/product/41

If they have 50% off sale..I know where it is..I'll have a few beers before I go pick it up.. ;) ..It's gotta look way better with beer goggles... :roll:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

steamjam

Postby steamjam » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:41 pm

I've been wanting to order a Shmel-3 twin burner for a year now. I found one for cheap that's N.I.B. so I snatched it up for under $100. WELL OK.. The G/F asked me what I wanted for Xmas, so I showed her the Shmel-3 on Ebay, 4 minutes later she did the rest. Got to love the G/F.. :-) While I Was at it I also ordered another N.I.B. clam-shell Motor Sich PT3 (I paid for this one) since I sold my first one like an idiot when I should have sold off my Coleman stoves. Cost me $60.00.

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:39 pm

You're on a roll :o :D You'll be one of the largest collectors on the west coast. Ridgerunner is neck and neck with Oops56. If he can get his wife to get him a Borde Bombe for Christmas he'll be king of the hill. :lol:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:54 am

zelph wrote:You're on a roll :o :D You'll be one of the largest collectors on the west coast. Ridgerunner is neck and neck with Oops56. If he can get his wife to get him a Borde Bombe for Christmas he'll be king of the hill. :lol:

Oops56 is so far ahead of me that he will always be king of the hill. I will never be able to justify $300-$400 for a borde bomb to my wife so unless falls in my lap for a song, I have concede that I will never own one or unless Oops56 leaves me one of his in his will....lol
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

steamjam

Postby steamjam » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:43 pm

zelph wrote:You're on a roll :o :D You'll be one of the largest collectors on the west coast. Ridgerunner is neck and neck with Oops56. If he can get his wife to get him a Borde Bombe for Christmas he'll be king of the hill. :lol:

Nope. I'm no collector.

zelph

Postby zelph » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:11 pm

RR, put it on your Christmas "want" list a in full view so wify see it :D

Steamjam, you got a good start goin for you. Now just keep on your GF good side and maybe you'll get a few more before years end ;)

steamjam

Postby steamjam » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:53 pm

So the Kompakt stove fired right up after I fueled it. Can't beat the quality of these goofy Soviet era stoves.

I don't know what happened to those guys. I also bought a new Russian Federation made camp stove and it looks like it was assembled by a very drunk person. Stripped screws, bent stand, loose tank. Wow. Anyways it just goes to show for all of you who would like a Russian Built stove:

"The box says MADE IN RUSSIA. Better get your tools."

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:30 pm

Me thinks they had it assembled in China by children ;) Thanks for the "heads-up" :D

How you coming along with the installation of the Origo combo stove into your new van?

Return to “General”