I was *really* bored at work....

Questions or comments about hiking in general? Post them here!
zelph

Re: I was *really* bored at work....

Postby zelph » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:06 am

The person that emailed me said it would be really nice to be able to use the Fancee Feest with the Click Stand but needed a insert to hold it in place since the hole in the stand is larger in diameter than the diameter of the FF. I needed a Click in hand to devise an insert. I'm always getting involved :roll:

I need to see this stand and how it's made and functions. I have some military burners that might fit in it. Will probably test it with the StarLye also.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:22 pm

The military burners are to large in diameter but the hiker model is what the clikstand is designed for.
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:31 am

will the military ones fit under it if they sit on the ground?

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:35 pm

I'm not sure, since I don't own one. I'm guessing, without digging out my burners, that the military burner may be to large in diameter to fit thru the hole of the plate. You will just have to experiment :ugeek:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:00 pm

I got mine today. tomorrow I go camping again and will take it with to see how well twigs burn in it :D

steamjam

Postby steamjam » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:29 am

Its rare that I am pleasantly surprised by something that's made in China. This Wildstove clone is actually not too bad. Its not quite the same quality of materials or fit ad finish as the real thing, but for the $21 I paid for it, I'm ok with its quantity over quality feel. Compared to my home built coffee tin stove, it uses a couple of sticks more wood to heat up a kettle of water albeit it does it faster, and like the real Windstove, I love how it folds up. We will see how it holds up over the the next 6 months of nightly use... :)

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:43 pm

I like the color after firing :D

do the rivets/eyelets look beefy enough on the folding pot supports?

I would have bought one if I didn't already have too many wood burners. :o :shock:

It looks good for at least 6 months of everyday use as long as you don't boil gallon pots full of water for showers :mrgreen:

steamjam

Postby steamjam » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:41 pm

zelph wrote:I like the color after firing :D

do the rivets/eyelets look beefy enough on the folding pot supports?

I would have bought one if I didn't already have too many wood burners. :o :shock:

It looks good for at least 6 months of everyday use as long as you don't boil gallon pots full of water for showers :mrgreen:

Welp the stove can hold my 1.25 gallon kettle and keep it pretty steady as it heats up the water. Just for the heck of it I decided to see how else I can use the thing. I flipped the inner wood "burn pan" around and used my old trusty, but rarely used Esbit stove in it. Not bad. I didnt time the water to boil or nothing but it seems to work out pretty well.

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:06 am

Well that was nice how things worked out. The Trangia holds about 3 ounces of fuel? Good for a gallon of water :D You got a good deal there!!!

steamjam

Postby steamjam » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:30 pm

One of the many dangers of having a smart phone while your at your mates flat drinking large amounts of beer while talking about railroading and how technology ruins most things that are cool:

You wake up the next day with a hang-over, check your Email and realize you went on Ebay and bought another stove last night.. and you can't really remember doing it....

Its one of these (I think) I saw I spent $71 on it shipped... Cool atleast I didn't break myself getting it

By buddy tho. Haha we have a bad habit of ordering stupid sh*t on Ebay when we get drinking together... I lucked out. I just got the text message from him asking me why he ordered a set of thigh high Chinese laundry boots for a G/F he doesn't have.. hahaha

Return to “General”