I was *really* bored at work....

Questions or comments about hiking in general? Post them here!
zelph

Re: I was *really* bored at work....

Post by zelph » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:24 am

He cooks for the railroad and uses their fuel :?:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

steamjam

Post by steamjam » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:49 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:A powerful stove BUT at what cost in fuel consumption? :evil:
Fuel consumption, start up time, and simmer tests are coming soon.

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:03 pm

Hmmm, my Coleman 500 is green. I wonder if I removed the paint if it is nickel underneath......
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:28 pm

I don't think I'd chance that... :roll: ..read the link and see what they say about them..what year is it?
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

steamjam

Post by steamjam » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:15 pm

I took my old lincoln Weldpak 100 wire welder I bought 14 odd years ago and converted it to a mig welder today. The H.R. lady is on vacation, so I used her desk as a workbench. I would have used my desk, but I already had a Acer Laptop I was replacing the LCD on it... I haven't used this thing in about a decade since I bought my Miller 220v mig, but I thought it might be useful at work. I was thinking about taking my old cheapo plasma cutter too.. But realized I don't have a compressor in my office to run it.. (yet) I'm trying to convince my boss that the I.T. department needs a lathe and a sheet metal brake... Since I already got the OK for the Acetylene torch... :-D

zelph

Post by zelph » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:29 pm

Well say goodbye to boredom. You'll be making stuff you've never dreamed of. There won't be a broken item in sight. You can do sculpting with iron. Holly-molly, call you lucky to have all the nice man toys :D You scratch her desk and you're dead meat :mrgreen:

Nice conversion. Put the compressor outside and run the hose through the window/wall. :P

steamjam

Post by steamjam » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:55 pm

Coleman 550. It doesn't burn right on Coleman fuel. I suspect the generator is bad. Anyways, it takes it 5 minutes 44 seconds to boil two cups of water from 45 degrees to 212.
Last edited by steamjam on Sun May 12, 2013 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

zelph

Post by zelph » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:38 pm

Yeah, that sounds slow. Not much "jet" power. Any idea what goes bad inside a "generator" can they fixed or do they have to be replaced?

oops56

Post by oops56 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:45 pm

zelph wrote:Yeah, that sounds slow. Not much "jet" power. Any idea what goes bad inside a "generator" can they fixed or do they have to be replaced?
its like a spring in the tube its full rust if you get it out and can clean if not gone to bad also there is a jet hole in there with a needle it may be full crap that about all i know
Man play with fire man get burnt

zelph

Post by zelph » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:38 pm

oops56 wrote:
zelph wrote:Yeah, that sounds slow. Not much "jet" power. Any idea what goes bad inside a "generator" can they fixed or do they have to be replaced?
its like a spring in the tube its full rust if you get it out and can clean if not gone to bad also there is a jet hole in there with a needle it may be full crap that about all i know
Sounds like an easy fix. Is the spring to prevent the tube from collapsing?