Page 1 of 20

I was *really* bored at work....

Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:02 pm
by steamjam
So I tested some stoves to see how they fare against each other. All stoves ran on Coleman fuel, tested using the same pot, and 2 cups of water starting at 48 degrees and finishing at 212 degrees.

Primus 210 = 5 minutes, 26 seconds
Image

Coleman 440 = 4 minutes, 12 seconds
Image

Coleman 576 = 4 Minutes 09 seconds (I forgot to take a pic when it was being tested.. Not bad for a stove that cost me $15 and was supposedly hopelessly broken)


Coleman 533 =3 minutes 09 seconds
Image

Re: I was *really* bored at work....

Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:08 pm
by zelph
Very nice!!! thanks for doing the testing. I know what it's like to go through the testing processes. Lots of work.

At what setting did you have the valves, full open?

Re: I was *really* bored at work....

Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:15 pm
by steamjam
zelph wrote:Very nice!!! thanks for doing the testing. I know what it's like to go through the testing processes. Lots of work.

At what setting did you have the valves, full open?
With the exception of the Primus 210 which doesn't have a valve, they were at full pelt.. :)

Re: I was *really* bored at work....

Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:26 pm
by zelph
I'll bet you really got stoked when you pulled out the first stove to do some testing....no more boredom in your office :lol: You'll soon be making large meals and big deserts. Two stoves going at once ;) Where's the one from Chechoslovakia? Now ther's something you can do on Monday :mrgreen:

Re: I was *really* bored at work....

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:09 pm
by steamjam
zelph wrote:I'll bet you really got stoked when you pulled out the first stove to do some testing....no more boredom in your office :lol: You'll soon be making large meals and big deserts. Two stoves going at once ;) Where's the one from Chechoslovakia? Now ther's something you can do on Monday :mrgreen:
Here it is getting started up. There is a trick to this thing. I got the warm up time down to about a minute or so.


Its the same deal. 2 cups water at 48 degrees to 212 in the same cup I used for the previous tests. Result = 3 minutes 32seconds.

Re: I was *really* bored at work....

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:23 pm
by zelph
See there, that one made your day a little brighter :mrgreen: Is that a ceramic pot support on that one? What did you cook on it?

Clear off one of the office shalves and put your stove collection on display for Christmas with a little bit of garland strung on them. That will give you something to do tomorrow :D thanks for firing up that tank :o

Which one do you prefer and why?

Re: I was *really* bored at work....

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:25 am
by steamjam
zelph wrote:See there, that one made your day a little brighter :mrgreen: Is that a ceramic pot support on that one? What did you cook on it?

Clear off one of the office shalves and put your stove collection on display for Christmas with a little bit of garland strung on them. That will give you something to do tomorrow :D thanks for firing up that tank :o

Which one do you prefer and why?
Actually, I prefer the 440 because it can simmer the best... :)

Re: I was *really* bored at work....

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:41 pm
by zelph
Ok, use the 440 to cook with daily at the office. 8-) keep it interesting.

Is that a ceramic pot support on the chech stove?

Re: I was *really* bored at work....

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:42 pm
by realityguy
I've been polishing this bad boy..A/1940 500 Speedmaster..Hmm..I wonder if it is.. :roll:

Image

Some doofus painted the nickel plate battleship gray..probably the navy.. :lol:

Re: I was *really* bored at work....

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:08 pm
by zelph
see............RG is getting bored also :lol: 1940's war era hmmmm, military use????? Like you said, NAVY