Read On My Friends

Questions or comments about hiking in general? Post them here!
zelph

Read On My Friends

Post by zelph » Wed May 15, 2013 8:59 am

Just a quick hello out there :D I'm glad your here reading all the great info that has been gathered here over the years.

And a quick thank you to all that have added to this site. Not much going on here at this time. I'm busy doing clean up around my place, getting ready for a "yard sale" someday.

Once I get rid of all unnecessary stuff I plan to create a "workshop" out of 1/2 half of my garage and part of my greenhouse that is attached to it. Both are gas heated so I'm good to go for winter conditions.

Those of you at work and getting bored stop, on in and say hello :D That's all you need to do, just say hi :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

steamjam

Re: Read On My Friends

Post by steamjam » Wed May 15, 2013 9:24 am

The Jam's been pretty much up to his eye balls as well. The railroads getting busy again and after a small "incident" with a forest fire I had to take a train through, the upper eschelons of power decided to put me back in service as an engineer.... (defies logic... set the place on fire... make him drive the trains..)

I havent had alot of time to tinker as of late. Still unpacking my garage.

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Wed May 15, 2013 10:11 am

Hello to all. The ol' Ridgerunner has been turkey hunting, planting the garden, trying to keep up with the yard, and needing to also organize the garage/workshop......lots of irons in the fire. :D I wonder what many of our members have been up to????
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

russb

Post by russb » Wed May 15, 2013 8:42 pm

Hiya all,

Been spending a lot of time up in the Adirondacks. Torturing myself with lean2rescue and also having fun backpacking and canoeing. Home garden is slowly coming in. No stove tinkering, ever since the fancee feest I can't see anything being better.

zelph

Post by zelph » Wed May 15, 2013 10:34 pm

:lol: Small incident with a forest fire. Train navigation through charcoal :o my!

russb's life is good.....keep it up!! :D

RR, make time for yard sales. Start collecting stadium bottles :mrgreen:

Hey, I got a lot of interesting things in the works. Just need to get my home stuff done and get organized. :o I got the whirlwind and self contained water heater in the works. But!!!! I'm running low on Fancee Feest stoves and need to invest in a new coil of Stainless Steel stock to make them. "russb" has had good luck with the FF. Not enough hours in a day :( :D

sudden

Post by sudden » Thu May 16, 2013 2:36 pm

Still here just haven't been up to much lately. Doing a little bit of fishing and plan to take the camper out more often this year.
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."

zelph

Post by zelph » Thu May 16, 2013 8:33 pm

sudden wrote:Still here just haven't been up to much lately. Doing a little bit of fishing and plan to take the camper out more often this year.
Oh Boy, I'm green with envy :mrgreen: Come fall I plan to go south for the winter so I need to get my house all set for the fall exodus. Going to look for a place to be campground "host" not do the "work camper" thing like last year.