Trail Cocktails???

Questions or comments about hiking in general? Post them here!
heckdog

Trail Cocktails???

Post by heckdog » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:34 pm

Any good recipes for an ultralight unwinder?

Allen

Re: Trail Cocktails???

Post by Allen » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:59 pm

I like the taste of Frangelico, and have been known to carry an Airplane size bottle
of it now and then :) Everclear is not sold in My state, but when i have it, sometime I carry it
as a Stove fuel, and a beverage. It mixes well with powdered gaterade and water. Vodka does too. :)

DarenN

Post by DarenN » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:36 pm

remember that my "backpack" is a bit different than the 'norm' and looks like this........
i've been known to carry a couple dozen beer and a quart of vodka.

isn't alcohol lighter than water? ;) Hhhhhmmmmmmmmm...........

DarenN.......
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

Mags

Post by Mags » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:26 pm

Last year, St. Patties day was on a Saturday. There is also a local mountain called GREEN mountain.

So, I did a Green on Green hike. Brought a cake and something to add to the hot chocolate. :)

The true harvest of my life is intangible.... a little stardust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched
--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com
http://www.redbubble.com/people/pmags/art

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:12 pm

I usually take a pint of Jack or Jim and mix it with some Crystal Light Lemonade. Not a bad Whiskey Sour around the ol' campfire. ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Post by zelph » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:04 pm

Tea bags with Ginseng Tea, steep in hot water, sip and unwind. No hang over :mrgreen:
Last edited by zelph on Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

GrinchMT

Post by GrinchMT » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:43 am

I can't and do not drink much because I am a diabetic. However, I do enjoy good Tequila. That is to say, good tequila is generally made in Mexico and doesn't involve the label "Jose' Cuervo" :)

Usually I take an 8 ounce bottle like my fuel bottles with some Sauza Hornitos and a little Margaritaville Mango margarita mix. Just enough to enjoy after dinner. In the wintertime, it's Dr. McGillicuddy's Spearment Schnapps with Hot Chocolate.
"The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God…I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles." --- Anne Frank

zelph

Post by zelph » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:33 am

GrinchMT wrote:I can't and do not drink much because I am a diabetic. However, I do enjoy good Tequila. That is to say, good tequila is generally made in Mexico and doesn't involve the label "Jose' Cuervo" :)

Usually I take an 8 ounce bottle like my fuel bottles with some Sauza Hornitos and a little Margaritaville Mango margarita mix. Just enough to enjoy after dinner. In the wintertime, it's Dr. McGillicuddy's Spearment Schnapps with Hot Chocolate.
Do they still include the worm with the tequila? I ate one once when I was in Monterey CA. That's all I remember about that!!!! :mrgreen:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

GrinchMT

Post by GrinchMT » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:49 am

Most Tequilas wont have a worm. Mescal on the other hand usually does. There's a difference between the two. On the worm subject, I ate several of them along with many shots once when I was mcuh younger. I woke up next to a plump senorita' and that's all I know about that... lol
"The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God…I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles." --- Anne Frank

Allen

Post by Allen » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:38 pm

Yep,
They don't call it "To Kill Ya" for nothing :)

Cheers!