Replacement Nalgene Bottle Lid

Questions or comments about hiking in general? Post them here!
Allen

Re: Replacement Nalgene Bottle Lid

Post by Allen » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:09 pm

Thanks for the informaton and Pic Ridgerunner!

Thanks DarenN!

Thanks zelph!

Cheers! :)

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:31 pm

pinch the barb flat on the remaining hook.
Do they have to be barbless in the Smokys?
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Pure Mahem

Post by Pure Mahem » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:55 am

I don't have much info on trout streams in the smokeys. I'm a northern boy and don't wander to far from home. Been south a couple of times and never seen one but got a real phobia about them fanged slithering reptiles. For trout up here in the river I use Mepps Aglia plain 00 silver or gold with a worm trailer. It works like a charm. I have a lot of people that swear by that power bait stuff but I have yet to date to ever get a bite on the stuff. If I'm pond fishing I find worms are he best persuasion for them tasty skinned swimmers. I took up fly fishing last year and it can be quite expensive. My first cast sent my buddy tumbling over backwards rolling on the ground laughing. I cracked my line like a whip and sent my fly skipping across the pond fish came up and nailed it. It was the only bite I got that day. If you want to save some money and get into fly fishing on the low keep and eye out at Wally World around January they reset there fishing stuff in February and start taking clearance hit on the stuff they clearance around then. They always clearance a fly fishing set at least they have in the past. If you time it carefully you can get a $100 set for about $20 once they aproach $20 they disapear. Although I did get two a few years back for $2 I gave one to my brother in law for his birthday. I got a Fenwick last year for $3.50 that normally sells for $70 there was only one in the whole store I would of bought at least ten of those. Fenwick makes an Awesome Spinning Rod! Oh by the way if they have clearance price changes in sporting goods they normally get them on thursdays and the department manager has to have the price changes done before they leave on Friday. So Thursday and Friday are the days to take the trip and shop for bargains at Wally World. I usually get quite a few lures and plastic worms every year along with some other odds and ends really cheap. I've bought lures for five to ten and twenty five cents a piece. I'll usually clear the hook if it's a good deal. Fishing season just opened up here this past Saturday. I can't wait to get out. I hope I have a chance between working on the website and getting everything ready to move. Already started moving 2 weeks and counting till dial up land. Best wishes on your trip Ridgerunner I'm sure you'll have a great time! :mrgreen: If your packing really light you can always hobo fish and use some line tied around a soda can, lol!

Oh this is my all time favorite piece of fishing advice that I almost forgot to tell you all. But, I warn you it will spoil you if your a monofilament user and you will hate monofilament after using this stuff. If you use this stuff and ever go back and fish with monofilament you will think your fishing with a giant freaking rubber band that has way too much stretch in it! The secret stuff is Pro Line! I have 15 lb line on my rod and it is like casting 4lb test. It has zero stretch and you feel every nibble on the end of your line. You set the hook with a small flick of your wrist. If you try and set the hook like you would with mono you will literall rip the fish out of the water hurtling at you. I have spoiled many a fisher man with this stuff. Only problem it's hard to get in the store I work at and it's expensive about $16 for a spool that will do one reel. Can be found on ebay though. Just thought I'd share with those interested. But, you've been warned about being spoiled and the monofilament hatred you will end up with if you use it! :twisted:
"Lad I don't know where you've been. But, I see you won first prize!"

oops56

Post by oops56 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:00 am

Don't take you wife fishing mine out fish me ever time. But if i leave her home i come home almost empty handed.On time she had a big rainbow on lost it so i cast right where it fell of and got it to this day she says thats her fish.
Man play with fire man get burnt

zelph

Post by zelph » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:34 pm

oops56 wrote:Don't take you wife fishing mine out fish me ever time. But if i leave her home i come home almost empty handed.On time she had a big rainbow on lost it so i cast right where it fell of and got it to this day she says thats her fish.
It's her fish!!!!

She played it out so that when you caught it all you had to do was drag it in. It's hers!!!! :lol:

Thanks pure for the info. I'll have to try that line and stay away from snags. If you're not getting snags, you're not fishing for walleys :lol:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:42 pm

Thanks for the info Pure Mayhem. I remember you posting the info on the fishing line earlier elsewhere and has been in the back of my mind since. I will have to pick some of it up, for sure. 6lb. test on ultralight reels should be fine.

Oops, don't listen to Zelph. That's your fish. Finders keepers, Loser weepers !!! :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !