Any video converter

Questions or comments about hiking in general? Post them here!
oops56

Any video converter

Post by oops56 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:45 am

This is free you can save them you tube to you computer also just do a copy and paste well must read to understand it works great on any video to a diff. format also

http://www.any-video-converter.com/prod ... ideo_free/
Man play with fire man get burnt

dlarson
Site Admin

Re: Any video converter

Post by dlarson » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:26 pm

Thanks oops56. That's a pretty cool little tool that will come in handy! I've been looking for something like this.
"Hiking is just walking where it's O.K. to pee." -Demetri Martin

zelph

Post by zelph » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:09 pm

Thanks oops!!!! Tell me how I can benefit from this software. My videos come out as avi. What would I want to convert them to and why? I'm new to videos :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

oops56

Post by oops56 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:37 pm

zelph wrote:Thanks oops!!!! Tell me how I can benefit from this software. My videos come out as avi. What would I want to convert them to and why? I'm new to videos :D
I find out if i made them mpeg11 that in photo bucket they upload faster for me.I not sure but i think they are compressed in a smaller file

zelph

Post by zelph » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:53 pm

Thank You oops!!!! :D

dlarson
Site Admin

Post by dlarson » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:10 pm

zelph wrote:Thanks oops!!!! Tell me how I can benefit from this software. My videos come out as avi. What would I want to convert them to and why? I'm new to videos :D
Zelph, The video files hosted on PhotoBucket use the Flash FLV video format. This is the same as YouTube and many other video sites.
FLV video files are relatively small, are easy to stream across the internet, and display consistently on all computer browsers with the Flash Player plug-in.
Here's a comparison chart of many common video formats http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison ... er_formats.

Oops, AVI video files are getting a bit long in the tooth now. The video files are larger than other formats available that have the same or better quality.
The FLV files used at PhotoBucket support a few different types of video compression, most notably H.264/MPEG-4.
MPEG-4 video files are relatively small while still maintaining video quality.

So basically, When you upload an AVI video the file is large so it takes longer and once it's on PhotoBucket's server it has to be converted to an FLV file.
When you upload an MPEG-4 video the file uploads faster because it's smaller and it can be converted to FLV faster.

Naturally, one might think "I'll just upload an FLV file and save some steps". I haven't tried this although it probably works. But chances are it will be re-processed to FLV again to reduce it to fit within a specific size limit. So, stick with MPEG-4.

Hope that explains some things!

oops56

Post by oops56 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:27 pm

dlarson wrote:
Zelph, The video files hosted on PhotoBucket use the Flash FLV video format. This is the same as YouTube and many other video sites.
FLV video files are relatively small, are easy to stream across the internet, and display consistently on all computer browsers with the Flash Player plug-in.
Here's a comparison chart of many common video formats http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison ... er_formats.

Oops, AVI video files are getting a bit long in the tooth now. The video files are larger than other formats available that have the same or better quality.
The FLV files used at PhotoBucket support a few different types of video compression, most notably H.264/MPEG-4.
MPEG-4 video files are relatively small while still maintaining video quality.

So basically, When you upload an AVI video the file is large so it takes longer and once it's on PhotoBucket's server it has to be converted to an FLV file.
When you upload an MPEG-4 video the file uploads faster because it's smaller and it can be converted to FLV faster.

Naturally, one might think "I'll just upload an FLV file and save some steps". I haven't tried this although it probably works. But chances are it will be re-processed to FLV again to reduce it to fit within a specific size limit. So, stick with MPEG-4.

Hope that explains some things!
Wow i just look at that video converter has it all mpeg-4 it is from now one thanks

zelph

Post by zelph » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:21 pm

Input formats:
avi, asf, mov, rm, rmvb

flv, mkv, mpg

3gp, m4v, and vob

Output formats:
avi, wmv, mp4, 3gp

wmv and flv

MPEG-1 and MPEG-2

mpg (PAL or NTSC)

-------------------------------------------

So with this software I convert avi to flv and should be able to upload to photobucket super fast?
Thanks for your help dlarson. :D

dlarson
Site Admin

Post by dlarson » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:13 am

yeah, FLV should be the fastest. Your welcome!

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:17 pm

Need some help!!! Downloaded this program on dialup (over an hour) and also went to Stumpjumpers house and downloaded it on a flashcard using Roadrunner(maybe 15 seconds). both methods ended with same results when I tried to open it up after installing it. It says can not find MFC42U.dll file needed to execute. Is this a file that should be part of my Windows operating system? This desktop is running Windows ME. Could this file be part of a newer version or did I not get a full download ? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I think this program could help me load faster as my digicam uses AVI, MOV, and ASF files only.
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !