Hello.

Welcome to bpLite. Introduce yourself, give a little hello and WELCOME.
Linzy98

Hello.

Postby Linzy98 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:10 pm

Hi all. I've been visiting this site for a while now and just recently decided to go ahead and register. I'm from the Seattle area and have a sick obsession with tealight alcohol stoves, I mean I'm obsessed. I thought that I could find some people around here who might be able to help me better understand this strange phenemenon about myself, or at least join in with me!

DarenN

Re: Hello.

Postby DarenN » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:15 pm

(responsive answer)
"Hi Linzy."
welcome to a place you can call home. everyone here is a stove addict. and proud of it! :mrgreen:

my name is Daren and i'm a "Stovie".
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

oops56

Postby oops56 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:03 pm

Welcome Linzy we have a seat at our table for you . We like to see some tea light stoves.
Man play with fire man get burnt

Linzy98

Postby Linzy98 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:56 pm

Hi everyone! And thank you for such a warm welcome, I feel among friends. I will have to post some pictures of my latest and greatest......and maybe get some feedback. I have been tinkering with this for about a year now. I have considered using a canister stove (I have 3....yes, my obsession started there) but just can't pry myself away from the do it yourself projects, and I absolutely love the simplicity of alcohol.

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:14 pm

Welcome home Linzy, glad you came inside to join in with the fun.

My name is dan and I'm a stovaholic aka "Stovie" I love making stoves and related stuff. I love eggs ;) as you know. :lol:

We even have a thread just for eggs :roll: Made me think of "eggs Benedict" Tomorrow for breakfast :mrgreen:

Tealight stoves are great stoves. There are a few examples here in a thread or 2

We look forward to just sitting around and shooting the breeze.

Kinda laid back here, lots of down home folks that enjoy God's creations by walking and hiking amongst all the beauty. We have a collection of great photos of that beauty cought on pixels :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Linzy98

Postby Linzy98 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:22 pm

Hi Zelph. I am familiar with your designs, as I said I've spent a lot of time on here just reading up on all you down home folk and your creations, I even knew about your fondness for eggs! I bought a bunch of dried eggs and have been doing some experimenting on my tealight stove. Trying to make quiche. Another work in progress. My name is Lindsay and as I have found out today, the term for my condition is "stovie". Feels good to finally put a name to it! :)

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:29 pm

Linzy98 wrote:Hi Zelph. I am familiar with your designs, as I said I've spent a lot of time on here just reading up on all you down home folk and your creations, I even knew about your fondness for eggs! I bought a bunch of dried eggs and have been doing some experimenting on my tealight stove. Trying to make quiche. Another work in progress. My name is Lindsay and as I have found out today, the term for my condition is "stovie". Feels good to finally put a name to it! :)

No cure for it and don't want one either :mrgreen:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Linzy98

Postby Linzy98 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:30 pm

No, not interested in a cure myself!

Skidsteer

Postby Skidsteer » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:51 pm

Welcome Linzy98!
Skids

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein, (attributed)

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:02 am

Welcome Aboard Linzy98 ! I too am a "Stovie". I like fire and I like eggs also ! :lol:
Some think we have a sickness, therefore, I come here for group therapy! :lol: The finest institute in all the land. It is said that we just have a higher desire to create than most folks, plus it keeps me out of trouble for the most part. ;) We look forward to your input. Glad to have you in our little niche of the cybor-woods.
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Return to “Welcome to bpLite.com!”