On a thieving mission

Welcome to bpLite. Introduce yourself, give a little hello and WELCOME.
B4B

On a thieving mission

Post by B4B » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:28 pm

Howdy everyone.
I haven't done much backpacking ( mostly just for hunting and fishing, no more than 2-3 days at a time), and none of what I have done could be remotely considered "lite" but I have been getting more and more interested in it this winter. Initially, I bumped into some YouTube vids on alky stoves by happenstance and have since been infected with "the bug" to start tinkering with my own designs. Thanks for all the great tips, concepts, and design ideas. I plan on stealing everything I can!!!! If I make anything functional and not too embarrassing, I'll be sure to post the pics.

DarenN

Re: On a thieving mission

Post by DarenN » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:07 am

Welcome aboard B4B!!
i'd hardly call it "thieving" if you consider the fact that we here at bpLite pride ourselves on "shareing" openly. you're more than welcome to use anything you find here in making your own stoves, and please do pass it on to others. for some of the hottest ideas, check out the "Stove of the Month Club". 2008 was a very exciting year for some great designs!

Daren.......
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:12 am

Hello B4B and WELCOME to BpLite. I'm glad you can use some of the ideas here to better your hiking experience. I too, hunted,fished, and camped for many years and just in recent years got the bug to wonder in the woods with all I need to survive on my back. Turned out to be a very rewarding experience. We look forward to seeing some of your creations. Stop back often and don't be a stranger! :D
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Post by zelph » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:14 pm

B4B wrote:Howdy everyone.
I haven't done much backpacking ( mostly just for hunting and fishing, no more than 2-3 days at a time), and none of what I have done could be remotely considered "lite" but I have been getting more and more interested in it this winter. Initially, I bumped into some YouTube vids on alky stoves by happenstance and have since been infected with "the bug" to start tinkering with my own designs. Thanks for all the great tips, concepts, and design ideas. I plan on stealing everything I can!!!! If I make anything functional and not too embarrassing, I'll be sure to post the pics.

It's all free, no need to steal :mrgreen:

Were glad to have you here B4B

So you got the bug heh. :lol: we have sympathy ;)
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

GAGA

Post by GAGA » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:35 pm

hello new dude :mrgreen: i can suggest the first item you could steel from here and you`l thank me for it : the new COBALT stove is the last you`l ever get and use
you can pay for school,but you can never buy class!