Just a hi!

Welcome to bpLite. Introduce yourself, give a little hello and WELCOME.
realityguy

Just a hi!

Postby realityguy » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:34 am

Hi!I'm Realityguy(also on photobucket).New to the boards..out of the Seattle area.Basically I'm interested in ultralight camping,just getting started but older..just haven't had a whole lot of time to do much overnight stuff.I plan on making up for it over the next few years with a home in town and another one out on the Olympic Peninsula.
I'm always interested in tents,alcohol stoves,vintage gear,and whatever else it is this board seems to be into!Keep up the good work of providing new or excellent info for others!I'll be lurking and may post occasionally.
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Ridgerunner

Re: Just a hi!

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:29 am

Welcome realityguy. Glad to have you aboard ! Feel free to lurk and post at will ! :D
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

hoz

Postby hoz » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:03 am

Welcome, dig in and lighter up.

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:41 pm

Nice to have you here "realityguy"

Wow, having two homes sure does take away time from doing overnighters. Sell the one in town and move into the one on Olympic Peninsula :D Sounds good to me. I was talking to a friend yesterday about the weather in Washington state and compared it to Illinois. I wanna move to Washington :mrgreen:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

irrationalsolutions

Postby irrationalsolutions » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:46 pm

when i was int he navy i had a chance to go to washington state. i really liked it there.
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:55 pm

irrationalsolutions wrote:when i was int he navy i had a chance to go to washington state. i really liked it there.

That cool. My Son-in-law is due to go there once the carrier he's on is ready to switch ports. Once they relocate, my wife and I will go up there for a lengthly stay to see how we like it. Use their place as a "BaseCamp" :o :lol:

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:32 pm

zelph wrote:
irrationalsolutions wrote:when i was int he navy i had a chance to go to washington state. i really liked it there.

That cool. My Son-in-law is due to go there once the carrier he's on is ready to switch ports. Once they relocate, my wife and I will go up there for a lengthly stay to see how we like it. Use their place as a "BaseCamp" :o :lol:

would that be Whidby Island? i've sailed in the area, and i can tell you it's absolutely stunning!

Daren.......
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:32 pm

DarenN wrote:
zelph wrote:

would that be Whidby Island? i've sailed in the area, and i can tell you it's absolutely stunning!

Daren.......

I'm not sure where the military installation is for aircraft carriers. He's on the USS. Nimitz down in San Diago, CA
I'm ready for a change in climate. Got cabin fever, I do.

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:00 pm

Aircraft carriers are probably based at the newer port just north of Seattle in Everett,about 10 miles north of my main home here in town.
<p>Zelph..I'd love to move up there;now I spend as much time as I can there,usually by myself.My other place is about 45 minutes from several Olympic National Park entrances at river valleys,Hurricane Ridge, or the 15-20 mile isolated ocean beach strips.I have a couple problems..no work there,and a wife that likes camping at a hilton,usually in Beijing or Honolulu(where she's from).My OP(Olympic Peninsula )place is just north right above Lake Crescent(if you look at a map) on Hwy 112,2 miles past the town of Joyce at Whiskey Creek.I'm within a short distance of hiking,surfing,flyfishing for salmon and steelhead,not yet kayaking(thinking about building one soon),don't bike either..but it's all right there!
<p>Winter time..there's about 3 cars per mile on the roads,and two of those are logging trucks..summer roads gets crowded but I have a place already so can go at 11pm if I want to and don't need a campground(vacation home pictures at photobucket).It does take a ferry to get there,and about 95 miles from my home in town,but it's all scenic country coastal driving(50-60mph)for the most part once I get across Puget Sound.
<p>Look at the pictures at "Realityguy" on photobucket for what's closeby up there..and in town here..just day hikes within an hour of here or there.Check out the beaches and imagine 20 miles of those at a stretch with no road access in between.Those were only the ones you can drive or easy hike to...This year I plan on hitting the overnight stretches..maybe some through hikes valley to valley(Google Olympic National Park).
<p>I worked on the house and did ALL the work by myself in my spare time for about 6-7 years(except hanging gutters,septic,and a few hours of concrete work help from a friend)..now it's time to play!
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:53 pm

RG;
if you get into kayaking you are going to fall in love with the PNW and Southwestern BC coast all over again. don't get me wrong, i love hiking in the mountains, but there's just something so different and special about "Water-Hiking".

Daren........
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

Return to “Welcome to bpLite.com!”