Just a hi!

Welcome to bpLite. Introduce yourself, give a little hello and WELCOME.
realityguy

Re: Just a hi!

Post by realityguy » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:40 am

I've got a couple werner paddles..have built a driftboat out of okume and oak,(how hard would a kayak be?)..and finally came across a book with some good kayak plans.I've even got the System epoxy and fiberglass..Now if I had all the crap out of my shop I'm trying to clean out and get rid of(like 3 or 4 boats),I'd have room to build the thing!LOL!
I've sold a lot of tents lately and a couple have been to kayakers for Puget Sound,the San Juan Islands,plus lakes and rivers in the area.I've always lived around salt water here in the northwest and ten years of surfing/body surfing in hawaii.Water/surf is my second home and nature.I do have a couple beaches,well four,that are surfable within an hour of my other house,or use a surf kayak(thought about building one of those if I could find a good plan..got one?).I plan on building a nice wood longboard(surfing not skate) sometime also..when I get my shop back.I have a FULLY supplied wood shop,too fully!That's the problem!
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Post by zelph » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:57 am

I have a FULLY supplied wood shop,too fully!That's the problem!

hahahahahaha :lol: :lol: I like that.

Woodworking is my favorite!!!!
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:59 pm

Full shop..yeah..someone is coming by to hopefully buy one of my two old 1960s craftsman cast iron tablesaws for $100(with accessories)..then I'm seriously think of putting this up on craigs this weekend--->

Been used twice over the last 8-10 years..I got it down out of its overhead(yes,over another boat) storage rack this winter to go flyfishing for steelhead..and never went..Anybody close by that wants to save themselves a LONG winter project?Sounds like I can use that rack for my new longboard and kayak..I may never get done..LOL!Too many projects and not enough real work!
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Post by zelph » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:42 am

Do you have any Trangia stoves that you want to let go cheap to a buyer in the Seattle area. We have a member in South Africa that has a friend in Seattle that will be going to SA and will be looking for a Trangia to take along on the trip. Have any or know of a source for someone in Seattle to pick one up at thrift store prices? Always looking for the best price we are :mrgreen:

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:15 pm

Zelph..just saw the message about the trangias..I haven't really looked for them too much but did run across two of them in an army surplus store in Everett on Broadway across from the BIG BEAR Car Wash just as you get off the freeway around 41st(Broadway exit)..However..he had only two of them,one new and one used..I bought both at $4 each before I even knew what a Trangia was.Unfortunately the new one works okay but the used one seems to be all gummed up.I may have to soak that out in acetone or something to get the wick material usable again.
In the north end,(south snohomish county)..He can call Ed's Surplus in Lynnwood or Jerry's Surplus in Everett..that's about the only places I can think of other than that small store that just opened about 6 months ago in everett..which I don't know the name of...Sorry.If I get up that way,I'll stop in and see if they have more and buy them out..but I don't think they hardly knew what they were.I think I asked if they had any "stoves" or "alcohol stoves"at the time,they said NO,then I found them.I've never found a trangia at a thrift store..It's a dinky place run by a "kinda radical survivalist acting" father and son. :lol:
Just for reference if he is asking about them on the phone..one is marked TRANGIA and the other is marked SVEA..both have the "three crowns" symbol...
Many moons ago,there used to be a big "ARMY/NAVY Store in downtown Seattle next the old Sears on the corner of Fourth and Landers..but I have no idea if it is still around.He may check the phone book for "surplus" or "camping equipment" and find someone that carries that type of item.I rarely get downtown seattle anymore but do need to pick up some stainless steel there next week for a project for my driftboat..If I don't sell it before then.

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:51 pm

I noticed "Static Vagabond" lives in Everett..If he's around he would probably know the store's name or living around the corner from it..Everett isn't that big and only about 10 minutes long from end to end..on the city streets(60 seconds on the freeway ..except 1/2 hour during rush hour)..It's just north of the stadium on Broadway about two blocks,same side..If he's been in there,he would know if they still carry them...
I just called the other places I mentioned,even the one in Seattle and another iin Woodinville..they haven't seen or carried them in a couple years.The only possibility in this town is that small unnamed store mentioned above(where I found those two and that may not pan out.Even the surplus stores around here are saying... "Try Ebay! :lol:

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:41 pm

:o ..About three or four months ago I found the burners on google for about $5 each(in groups of three)..appears eveybody went nuts for the things and adding all kinds of "stovie stuff" to market the things.looks like the cheapest they are going now on there is about $13..but you do get a nice bulky windscreen with it for that price.
Example.... http://www.greatoutdoorsdepot.com/trangia-stoves.html

zelph

Post by zelph » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:35 pm

Thanks for all the info on their possible locations. It's for sure that one will be found that can take the ride to SA and make Suedo a Happy Camper. I'll keep in touch, thanks again for your help, you went the extra mile ;)

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:48 pm

No problem..As I said,I've never seen them in thrift stores.If I get up by that one store this weekend,I'll stop in and see if they have any.