NEW MEMBERS....PLEASE READ !!!

Welcome to bpLite. Introduce yourself, give a little hello and WELCOME.
realityguy

Re: NEW MEMBERS....PLEASE READ !!!

Post by realityguy » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:12 pm

99% of my gear is thrift store bargains,from swap meets, or homemade..but I have enough to supply an army;especially in tents and hammocks,and camping cookware..as you can see from my posts. :mrgreen:
If you are on the cheap side...WELCOME!..to the land of Misers,MacGyvers, and Scrooges(and a few rich bastards also!.. :o ... :lol: )..which I'm all of the above when it comes to camp gear :lol:
Occasionally I do take a walk through REI to scan retail prices,just to make me feel better about the bargains I got,retail prices of items I find I want to resell(craigs),ideas for knock-offs I want to sew or make, and to see what I can't afford... :mrgreen:.
Any questions about any threads,ideas,or posts I post..post back or PM. ;)
We are a friendly bunch here.. :DB: :DB:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

gregb

Post by gregb » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:20 am

Hello all! I've done plenty of car camping with my buddies from work and I'm interested doing some hiking on the AT with another friend. Our last trip was two days fishing on the Potomac river with an overnight stay on the C&O canal. We parked a truck about the mid point of the trip but after walking the half mile each way three times in the dark carrying our gear, I definitely want to lighten my load.

My hiking friend uses Esbit and I find the simplicity enticing but the availability and possibility of simmering with alcohol is more convenient. I'm also interested in making my own gear.

zelph

Post by zelph » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:27 am

We're glad you stopped by and hope you can find some answers to your questions. Answers to questions usually arrive in the same day. This is a good place to start!!!! :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:47 pm

Welcome gregb ! :D
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Wanderlust

Post by Wanderlust » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:32 am

Hello ,
Great forum lot's of good information and lots of cool gear. I'm looking forward to pick
all of your brains in the days ahead.

zelph

Post by zelph » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:22 am

Wanderlust wrote:Hello ,
Great forum lot's of good information and lots of cool gear. I'm looking forward to pick
all of your brains in the days ahead.
Welcome to bplite. We encourage brain picking here :D

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:44 pm

Welcome Wonderlust and pick away! :D
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

DragonStar

Post by DragonStar » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:42 am

Hey there,

Followed the Starlyte thread on WB as a lurker for a year or so and never bought one. Now they are all mainstream and sold out and stuff. And Zelph has a new stove he's raving about.... I will NOT MISS OUT AGAIN! :D So I'm not a spammer, don't delete my account, pretty please.

zelph

Post by zelph » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:57 am

Glad you came in from the cold/lurk...... :D

Glad to have you here, lots of interesting information in our archives that you won't find anywhere else. This is where the stove world became introduced to using fiberglass cloth in the making of stoves.

Spammers know that this is a high traffic site so they come in and take advantage of it. Good thing we have lots of eyes watching for them and capture them before too much harm is done. We're not high tech here to prevent all spammers from entering. We don't do water boarding :mrgreen:

So, DragonStar, you made it in the door safely :D and we are glad you are here. Lots of people here that know a little about everything. :D Welcome!!!!!!

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:21 pm

We don't do water boarding :mrgreen:
Speak for yourself! :twisted: If we know they are..we do...and then neuter them... :evil:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy