NEW MEMBERS....PLEASE READ !!!

Welcome to bpLite. Introduce yourself, give a little hello and WELCOME.
zelph

Re: NEW MEMBERS....PLEASE READ !!!

Post by zelph » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:48 am

Thanks for stopping in for a SN. We're a friendly group. Ask questions, share some info...........have some fun!!!! :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

PreGeezer

Post by PreGeezer » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:34 pm

Hello.

Have packs, gear, etc., but haven't been on more than a day hike or canoe/car camping in many years. I'd like to get back into it. My aging back is telling me to do it lighter!

I'm hoping to learn a few things and take my boys out.

Thank you,

PreGeezer

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:34 pm

Welcome PreGeezer ! You can browse the site and find some good ideas to lighten your load. If your boys are old enough, maybe you could sneak some of your gear into their packs :o :lol: Start out by getting your pack, sleeping pad, shelter, and sleeping bag down to about 10 lbs. or less. That should get you on your way to lightening your load. Feel free too ask questions as there are alot of helpful people the check in here that usually have an answer to most questions.
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Post by zelph » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:21 am

Glad to have you here PreGeezer :D

Recent threads are related to taking the weight of the back and putting it on the hips. Lots of knowledgeable folks here to answer questions. I'll be camping this entire week but will check in later in the week.

hangingkayaker

Post by hangingkayaker » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:51 am

new here, just wanted to say hi.

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:00 am

hangingkayaker wrote:new here, just wanted to say hi.
Welcome hangingkayaker. I too like to hang but have not done any kayak camping(need a kayak first :lol: ) DarenN is our resident kayak expert. Hopefully, this summer, he will get to share many tales of his adentures off the coast of BC. :D
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Arson

Post by Arson » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:52 am

Hey everyone, I'm not a spammer..... I'm a jammer! Just kidding. I've been forced into the outdoors my whole life. I've always wanted to be an urbanite, but alas, I hate crowds. I think this is a great forum based on what I've read. Most of my outdoor passion resides in forum disscussions lately being that I'm a father of two young girls. Right now the ballet takes precident.
I also am into "giving back" on youtube. I have watched thousands of reviews and videos over the years, and I've been trying to "give back" by posting my own reviews and projects of the things I love.
Thanks for the warm welcome, and I'll see you out of doors......

zelph

Post by zelph » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:40 pm

Thank for sharing/giving back in all the post/comment you've added already :D Maybe we can touch base in the spring up near the Manistee trail. Everyone is glad to have you here. :D

MrClean

Post by MrClean » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:46 pm

I no spam. I do burn quite a bit of alcohol though. I came from Hammock Forums, Youtube and WhiteBlaze.

Haven't been out much. Did tent touring with the children once upon a time but the kids have grown and I'm looking for some ME time. Prepping for the next phase.

message 1
From somewhere near Parkville, Mo.
William Crane
aka MrClean

You live. You learn.
Well anyways, you live.

zelph

Post by zelph » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:54 pm

Hello Mrclean, thanks for stopping in. It's winter, time to take it easy and do some good reading. Takes lots of ME time :D Do your kids still get out and do some camping to use all the skills you've taught them? I bet they kept the campsite clean 8-) or maybe you did.

I have not seen a Mrclean commercial in ages. Nice avatar :D