Hello

Welcome to bpLite. Introduce yourself, give a little hello and WELCOME.
Frum

Hello

Postby Frum » Sat May 30, 2009 6:41 am

Hello. I've been lurking here and enjoying the forums for a while and thought it about time I joined. I'm from England, which means that I'll probably write "meths stove" when most of you would say "alcohol stove", and that I am interested in stoves which I can use inside a backpacking tent.

Ridgerunner

Re: Hello

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat May 30, 2009 7:49 am

Hello Frum. Nice to have you here. It looks like the British invasion has started again. :lol: Look forward to sharing ideas with you mates from across the pond ! ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

irrationalsolutions

Postby irrationalsolutions » Sun May 31, 2009 11:02 pm

welcome!
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:55 pm

Jolly good to have you here mate. I just returned from a jaunt into the city. I'm back in the country now and will be having cobblers and crumpets with my spot of tea.
The only meths stove that I would recommend inside of a tent is the SS StarLyte UltraLyte. It has the fuel absorbing material in it to prevent spillage while burning.

There are a few threads here that show how to make a non-spill stove. A few of the guys here have made some nice ones and are glad to share how they are made. Tomorrow I should have my head on straight and direct you to a few of the threads.

Glad to have you here Frum
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:21 pm

Hi!..Spillproof would be a necessity..I had a Kelty Windfoil II tent that actually had a 1/2-round spot in the vestible floor that unzipped for cooking over the dirt,snow, or whatever was under the tent..good concept for a 4 season tent... ;) ..The vestible area was separate from the sleeping area floor by a 3" high wall or so(for waterproofing);otherwise you'll need something to protect the floor from the heat or cook in a covered dirt-floor vestible area...Bring in a whole bunch of that moss between UKer's toes to cook over... :mrgreen: Hey..I live in Seattle;we grow between our toes also.. :mrgreen:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Frum

Postby Frum » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:39 pm

Thanks for the welcomes and the advice. I would like to ask for more advice on the subject of stoves in tent vestibules, but it probably belongs in a thread of its own, so I'll start one tomorrow.

Frum

Tim.

Postby Tim. » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:10 am

Hmmm.... it is Frums fault that i too have been messing about with meths stoves.

Thanks Frum, you tawt :D

Oh yeah, hello everyone, my name is Tim and i am also from the UK (pip pip, tallyho and all that)
If everything seems under control, then you are not going fast enough!

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:32 am

The British are coming!The British are coming!Hmm..I suddenly feel like Paul Revere!No wonder I get the urge to work on little tiny silver stoves... :o :lol:
Welcome!Just don't try to tax the tea,okay? Don't worry we forgave you for that one! :mrgreen:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:02 am

Thanks Frum, you tawt

:lol: Hey Frum, Tim taught me a new word "tawt" I think it means you're an alright guy. Is that correct Tim? :D

Glad to have you here Tim, cheers china

What kind of stoves have you made?
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Welcome Tim ! :D Glad to have our commrades from across the pond on board here. ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Return to “Welcome to bpLite.com!”