Backpacker from Canada

Welcome to bpLite. Introduce yourself, give a little hello and WELCOME.
realityguy

Re: Backpacker from Canada

Postby realityguy » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 pm

tracked down the recipe for your blueberrie trail bars. that'll be happening real soon in my kitchen. :mrgreen: i'll probably screw it up, but i'm gonna try it none the less.

Hmm..I'll have to check that out..picked about 8 cups of three different kinds yesterday on one trail..there was a fourth variety also but by that time we were pretty sick of tasting/testing/picking blueberries... :mrgreen:

..found the recipe..sounds good!have to try that after we dehyrate some blueberries(hope they last that long.. ;) ..)
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:27 pm

realityguy wrote:
Hmm..I'll have to check that out..picked about 8 cups of three different kinds yesterday on one trail..there was a fourth variety also but by that time we were pretty sick of tasting/testing/picking blueberries... :mrgreen:

.. ;) ..)

Nice batch of berries and can see why you may have had your fill by the time you got to the fourth variety :D

There is a photo between the bush and the berries in your album with some tents perched up high on rocks. How do they anchor them down?
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:09 pm

There is a photo between the bush and the berries in your album with some tents perched up high on rocks. How do they anchor them down?

off topic..but..they came over and talked to us for about a 1/2 hour while we were eating lunch..live pretty close to us.There are small patches of meadows here and there between the rocks and should be enough soil to anchor them down..I didn't know I posted the link for that hike. Anyway..here it is--->http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd25/realityguy/goat%20flats%20hike/

We don't really know for sure but we are going up there for an over night next weekend if the weather holds so we get some views..guess we'll let you know about the staking after that.I didn't post the link because I'm redoing the hike..and should post better pictures after next saturday.
We'll probably have a couple new recruits.. :lol: ..they seemed impressed with "lightweight" hiking and alcohol stoves since their packs weighed 50lbs and 70 lbs.. :lol: ..One was walking around the meadows in socks because his blisters were so bad.I expect them here asking question in the next day or two.I have one for them when they show up..Did You leave all that crap up there? :lol:
It was a god awful trail of loose rocks and roots following a stream bed for the most part.
Zelph...this guy has a good description of the trail..http://www.guidothesquid.com/hiking/3fingers.html

Okay..I'm done off topic..you can blame zelph for that.. :mrgreen: :lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Return to “Welcome to bpLite.com!”