Greetings from GA!

Welcome to bpLite. Introduce yourself, give a little hello and WELCOME.
stevebo

Greetings from GA!

Postby stevebo » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:48 pm

Greetings fellow stovies! Ive been looking at this forum for years, but finally registered. I love the forum and all the great ideas. Its really fun to read about people who are alot like myself-----------likes to hike, likes to play with fire (or do research on new stove designs etc etc!) About myself, I have been hiking for the past 25 years, making my own equiptment for the past 8 years. My family and I live in Moreland GA, and enjoy hiking and camping in the southern applacians of north Ga and alabama. I recently converted to a hammock hanger, (and enjoy it very much!) My day job I work as an aircraft mechanic for Delta airlines,(this has definitely influenced my stove designs!) I also enjoy carcamping, playing guitar and banjo and I read constantly. Throw in a wife and 2 kids, 2 cats and a high maintenanc house, I stay pretty busy, but still manage to get away to the woods as often as I want! Anyway, I just wanted to say hi! :D

zelph

Re: Greetings from GA!

Postby zelph » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:20 pm

Hi Stevebo!!!! Welcome home :D

No doubt you can make a stove to perform like the "Raptor" what an awesome aircraft. I saw it perform this past weekend here in Rockford, IL at an airshow.

WoW, full life you got going and still have time to stop on by and say hello. We sure do appreciate you stoppin on in for a bit.

We look forward to seeing some of your titanium creations being that you are working in close proximity to those materials :mrgreen:
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:24 pm

Welcome!I'm assuming there are a few jets missing some airplane parts and you've got some nice "jetted" stoves you made out of them to share on the site....... :mrgreen:
:lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:42 pm

welcome aboard Stevebo!
we're a pretty freindly bunch and love to have fun here. some of us don't have a clue what the word "topic" means! :lol:

Daren.........
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

stevebo

Postby stevebo » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:49 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome! I can tell already that this whole forum thing is going to be very good! And yes, I have been seen at work digging through the scrap bin looking for just that perfect piece of scrap tubing or metal for my ongoing projects! My coworkers are always trying to figure out what exactly Im doing ! Anyway, it was great to hear from all of you!

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:04 am

My coworkers are always trying to figure out what exactly Im doing ! Anyway, it was great to hear from all of you!

Aw..they probably just figure you're building your own jet..one piece at a time.. ;)
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:25 pm

Welcome to the board Stevebo ;) Glad you finally signed in to say hello and hope to hear about some of your stove designs and diy gear. TWO CATS, ehh? :roll: You'll fit right in with Zelph and realityguy. :lol: What kind of hammock do you use? Hammocks have been on the front page here lately and RG has made a couple nice ones !
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

stevebo

Postby stevebo » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:24 pm

Ridge runner, I use a DIY speer hammock, with a few modifications--double bottom etc. For a tarp I use a Maccat deluxe, with a few mods ---------I modify just about everything ! I once bought a backpacking stove, had it less than a week, and took it apart and modified it to make it lighter! My wife thought I was crazy!
As far as aircraft parts go, I only use a few aluminum scraps that come my way. But, my last job was working on helicopters in the oil fields. They caught a guy ordering 2 of every part he needed. He bought an old Bell 206, kept it in his garage, and was rebuilding it in his spare time. Whenever he needed a part, he would order one at work and charge it to which ever helicopter he was working on at the time! Needless to say, his career took a nose dive when he got caught! I know that off topic, but i thought you would get a kick out the story--------!! :)

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:33 pm

reminds me of an old Johnny Cash song. :mrgreen:
"I built it one piece at a time,
and it didn't cost me a dime."
:lol:
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:09 pm

stevebo wrote:Ridge runner, I use a DIY speer hammock, with a few modifications--double bottom etc. For a tarp I use a Maccat deluxe, with a few mods ---------I modify just about everything ! I once bought a backpacking stove, had it less than a week, and took it apart and modified it to make it lighter! My wife thought I was crazy!
As far as aircraft parts go, I only use a few aluminum scraps that come my way. But, my last job was working on helicopters in the oil fields. They caught a guy ordering 2 of every part he needed. He bought an old Bell 206, kept it in his garage, and was rebuilding it in his spare time. Whenever he needed a part, he would order one at work and charge it to which ever helicopter he was working on at the time! Needless to say, his career took a nose dive when he got caught! I know that off topic, but i thought you would get a kick out the story--------!! :)

I too use a diy Speers hammock and love it. I also made the 8x10 diy speers rainfly...super light and love the spectra cord he uses for guyouts. I am currently starting a "speers type" hammock from scratch with all the bells and whistles I have come to realize will make it like sleeping at the Hilton. :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Return to “Welcome to bpLite.com!”