New from Mexico

Welcome to bpLite. Introduce yourself, give a little hello and WELCOME.
stanley2

New from Mexico

Post by stanley2 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:22 am

Hello all, new from Mexico, I am also in to Alcohol stoves, sadly we don't have as many can options here, specially the aluminum bottles, are hard to get.

Hope to learn a lot from you.

DarenN

Re: New from Mexico

Post by DarenN » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:04 am

welcome aboard Stanley2!
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

zelph

Post by zelph » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:05 am

Hi Stanley2, welcome!! I'll trade some aluminum bottles for native american artifacts from your NM area :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

stanley2

Post by stanley2 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:11 am

zelph wrote:Hi Stanley2, welcome!! I'll trade some aluminum bottles for native american artifacts from your NM area :D

Zelph, thanks for the welcoming by the way it is Mexico as in country :) so maybe we could do it for some Tequila!

And in all truth your designs are what brought me here, impressive!!!!

zelph

Post by zelph » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:35 am

stanley2 wrote:
zelph wrote:Hi Stanley2, welcome!! I'll trade some aluminum bottles for native american artifacts from your NM area :D

Zelph, thanks for the welcoming by the way it is Mexico as in country :) so maybe we could do it for some Tequila!

And in all truth your designs are what brought me here, impressive!!!!

I use the term native american losely :D Now I have to say North American Continent before Mexico and the u.sa. were formed. Arrow heads blades, pipes and other goodies.

Glad you like my designs. The BudLyte Super Stove will be made available today. It's quite the stove, can be used with different fuels, one piece stove, non pressurized. Just one great all around stove.

Glad you stopped by. Search the many threads here and you'll find lots of interesting facts that pertain to lightweight backpacking and fire related subjects.

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:08 am

Welcome to the board Stanley2 ! It's nice to have another member from outside the country to share information with. Feel free to chime right in whenever you please as you will find a pretty friendly bunch here at bplite. :D
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

russb

Post by russb » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:46 am

zelph wrote:The BudLyte Super Stove will be made available today.

:cheers:

oh. and welcome stanley to our little corner of the interwebs

zelph

Post by zelph » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:26 pm

russb wrote:
zelph wrote:The BudLyte Super Stove will be made available today.

:cheers:

oh. and welcome stanley to our little corner of the interwebs

:DBfire: :cheers: I'll put yours in the mail on Monday. HaHaHa, you thought I forgot :D

stanley, I did a little research and found that alcohol is available of this type in Mexico:

What other alcohols are available in Mexico for use in stoves?????

I also found this info:

INDUSTRIAL ALCOHOL
Importers of industrial alcohol must register in the “Padrón de Importadores” (or Registry of Importers) as well as the “Padrón de Importadores de Sectores Específicos” (Registry of Importers in Specific Sectors). Importers should follow the same steps as those listed in the Licensing section, above, for registration procedures.
Labeling for denatured alcohol packaging must be in accordance with NOM-050-SCFI-2004, which requires the minimum following information:
• Generic name of the product, when it is not easily identifiable by the consumer
• Net content (in metric units)
• Name and address, including postal code and city and state of the importer (this information may be added after importation into Mexico, but before being entered into commerce)
• Country of origin statement (e.g. “Producto de…” or “Manufacturado en…”)
• Warning statement (if the product is toxic or potentially dangerous)
According to Mexican import laws, the importation of denatured alcohol is exempt from duties ONLY when the importer has a written declaration certifying that the goods have not benefitted from the U.S. Sugar Reexport Program. In the case where this declaration is not present, the standard duty of 10% + 0.36 applies.

russb

Post by russb » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:40 am

"I" forgot.

It will get some serious testing this winter. Like always, I will push it hard.