Greetings from CNY

Welcome to bpLite. Introduce yourself, give a little hello and WELCOME.
Ordin Aryguy

Greetings from CNY

Postby Ordin Aryguy » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:13 am

Registered here a while ago, made a post or two, then promptly forgot my password, so I sort of drifted away again. With many thanks to the admin here, I'm again reunited with my password, so I thought I'd at least do the courtesy of saying "Hi".

I'm Ordin Aryguy and I live in CNY, near the eastern end of the Finger Lakes, not quite to the western Adirondacks. Right now it's winter paradise here. Actually, this part of the globe doesn't really have a bad season. It's an outdoors-person's paradise year 'round.

Although I make no claims of being a lightweight backpacker, I recognize the value in scaling back, thinking simpler. ( Read that as "more space for beer!" ) More than that, I really dig tinkering with and building gear. Probably like most of you it started with an alcohol burner and got out of hand from there. As a matter of fact I just finished a woodstove tonight that'll be the "hot" part of a hot tent set-up a camping buddy and I have been playing with since last winter.

Great place here...

Ordin
They speak of my drinking, but never of my thirst...

realityguy

Re: Greetings from CNY

Postby realityguy » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:11 am

( Read that as "more space for beer!" )

You sound like my kind of hiker!...Welcome!Leave the six pack by the door on your way in..You can pick it up on the way out..(if there's any left!) :roll:

:lol: :DB:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

irrationalsolutions

Postby irrationalsolutions » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:25 am

welcome!
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:14 am

Stoves are interesting from the beginning to the end. hahahah, oops56 has his avatar showing the end of one that didn't meet his expectations :lol:

Wood burners we like :D love the smell of creosote :mrgreen: The smell of smoke on my clothes makes me feel manfull :lol: When I crawl into my sleeping bag, the slight reminder of the evenings campfire helps drift me off to sleep.

Welcome and look forward to the "HOT' stove thread :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:50 pm

Welcome Ordin ! We look forward to seeing your hot stove and tent setup!
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Return to “Welcome to bpLite.com!”