new guy

Welcome to bpLite. Introduce yourself, give a little hello and WELCOME.
NePilgrim

new guy

Postby NePilgrim » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:08 am

Hi folks, just dropping by to say hello. Seems like a friendly place.

~Steve,

http://crudeanalysiz.com/

Ridgerunner

Re: new guy

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:53 am

Hi NePilgrim. I see you have spent some time on the AT. Welcome to the board. There is a little bit of everything here and plenty of friendly people to answer any questions. ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:29 am

What country are you from????
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:46 am

hi Steve. nice to have you here.
your website links aren't working. you can fix them by useing the "edit" button in your post.
i fixed the one in your post. you'll have to fix the one in your signature line yourself.
welcome aboard!

Daren.......
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

NePilgrim

Postby NePilgrim » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:40 pm

Thanks for the welcome everyone, much appreciated!

Zelph, I'm in the US.

Daren, thank you for fixing the link. I think the signature is working now. Thanks!

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:01 pm

NePilgrim wrote:

Daren, thank you for fixing the link. I think the signature is working now. Thanks!

you're welcome.
yes, the other link is working now.
i like your website! feels 'friendly'. are you going to teach us all how to make whips and do a four line braid? ;)
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

zelph

Postby zelph » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:04 pm

I like your site also, well laid out, nice area....cold and lots more snow the last few days?????? :D
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:34 am

You may want to do some extensive testing of deet on your products..I know that flyfishing in alaska and having deet on your hands can destroy a plastic coated $50+ flyline in only one month of use if you don't wash the thing afterwards.The following fishing season you'll find the plastic coatings broken all over the place causing the lines to hinge at those points rather then loop as they should...or you might mention people should wash the necklaces and bracelets between uses if they use that product.

Just thought I'd mention it..Welcome!
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

NePilgrim

Postby NePilgrim » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:49 am

DarenN wrote:you're welcome.
yes, the other link is working now.
i like your website! feels 'friendly'. are you going to teach us all how to make whips and do a four line braid? ;)

Thanks, the blog is always a work in progress. The whips, lol, you know, I have an ebook on making nylon whips that sells on that site, but won't put in a shameless plug for that here :) .

zelph wrote:I like your site also, well laid out, nice area....cold and lots more snow the last few days?????? :D

Thanks Zelph. It's a little chilly, and they say a bunch of snow is comin', but you never know for sure in NE.

realityguy wrote:You may want to do some extensive testing of deet on your products..I know that flyfishing in alaska and having deet on your hands can destroy a plastic coated $50+ flyline in only one month of use if you don't wash the thing afterwards.The following fishing season you'll find the plastic coatings broken all over the place causing the lines to hinge at those points rather then loop as they should...or you might mention people should wash the necklaces and bracelets between uses if they use that product.

Just thought I'd mention it..Welcome!

Yes, absolutely! I'm going to do some experimentations soon regarding the deet. Do some time lapse photos & such. Wow, the stuff eats through the flyline coatings, eh? I'm gonna use your suggestion, thank you!

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:03 pm

The flyline coating problem are "long term"..unfortunately you don't know until the next winter of steelhead fishing after summer(june) fishing in alaska in june..which sucks.I don't know what you would call it as far as 'eat' or just 'corrode' or "crack'..the lines don't really disinegrate as much as crack across the line everywhere..every couple feet you get a break down to the dacron center which seems to hold up.it just sucks when you are trying to throw nice loops and the line hinges flat and fails at the broken points.I had to replace all my lines(I used there) every year after going up there at $50-60 each...I was using 2-3 Teeny brand lines..extra pricey ones..
I'd soak one of your items(a little more than normal use,considering multiple exposure to the deet) and check it in winter to see what it does to it...It may break a lot of strands where they fall apart..or maybe nothing.
Up there I used deet springly but the bugs eat you so bad by the swarms it's hard to not use it,especially while walking river banks in the tundra and stirring them up by the hoards...vicious b@st@rds! :lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Return to “Welcome to bpLite.com!”