Hello from Kansas

Welcome to bpLite. Introduce yourself, give a little hello and WELCOME.
SHI-Warlock

Hello from Kansas

Postby SHI-Warlock » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:08 am

Hi. I'm a newbie here, got lured here by the stoves.

I'm just getting back into camping after a 20 year break(acquired a family). Now said family is camping too. We're not ultra light camping yet, but I thought the stoves were interesting so I started playing.

I've made several, from Featherfire knockoffs to Starlyte knockoffs using V8/Redbull cans(I didn't want to sink $ into the wedding tins for a couple of test stoves). I just finished up a Micro Starlyte using Tea Light cups, and I like the way it turned out. I'm working on a Mini Caldera Clone for a 12oz Heiny can with the Micro Starlyte for the burner. I got the idea for the Micro Starlyte from Terrafirma369's videos on Youtube. I'll post a description and pics of my process for the Micro Starlyte in another topic in the Stove section. I did it a little different than Terrafirma369 did.

Anyway, Hi from South Central Kansas.

SHI-Warlock

realityguy

Re: Hello from Kansas

Postby realityguy » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:21 am

Hi!Welcome aboard!I've seen the wedding favor tins at Dollar Tree stores at about 3-4 for a dollar I believe..check there.I ran into the same problem when I could only find them at first in lots of 25. :shock: Check the "party and wedding area" there..you might get lucky. ;)
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

SHI-Warlock

Postby SHI-Warlock » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:00 pm

Thanks for the Idea. I'll check out Dollar Tree next time I'm near one.

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:58 pm

We're glad to have you here SHI-Warlock. Kansas has a nice size Natural area known as the Konza Prairie. been there a few times to get the feel of an area that has not been grazed or farmed.

We look forward to seeing your creations and chatting with you.

Just today I was reminded by a friend on the use of tea lights for stoves. I did one that boiled the water in the middle of the pot only. Looked funny to see the boiling bubbles only in the center. I'll see if I can find the thread and/or photos.

http://www.naturalkansas.org/konza.htm
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

SHI-Warlock

Postby SHI-Warlock » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:46 pm

That's kind of ironic. Konza is managed by the Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks. I work for KDWP in their IT department. I'm in the Department headquarters in Pratt, but I travel to all of the parks to work on their computers. I haven't visited Konza yet(I've only worked here a year), but I'm sure I will eventually. I'm always glad to meet somebody that has enjoyed some of Kansas' natural beauty.

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:28 pm

If Kansas was good enough "Dorthy" it's tops on my list ;) :D I have a keen interest in Native Wildflowers. You should be able to get some fringe benefits from the dept....free camping etc. etc. :mrgreen:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “Welcome to bpLite.com!”