Stumpjumper is 51

Welcome to bpLite. Introduce yourself, give a little hello and WELCOME.
zelph

Stumpjumper is 51

Post by zelph » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:22 pm

Let's welcome Stumpjumper to the clan. His birthday is today and we wish him the best of health and a happy happy birthday.

Let's see if we can get him to come up and say a few words. come on up Stumpyomper
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

stumpjumper72

Re: Stumpjumper is 51

Post by stumpjumper72 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:31 pm

Hello. Thanks for the greetings. I love backpacking. Especially Light backpacking. My brother told me about your site (Ridgerunner). We have made some local hikes (Shawnee, Eastfork) and last year we packed the Smokies for a week which we had done before. We almost kicked the bucket on the Indiana Adventure Trail once. We ran out of water in hot weather. The wise backpackers prepositioned water containers along the trail, which we did but we put them too far out, not wise. Luckily an elderly couple from Washington state stopped in the forest looking for a relatives grave. They had a rental van with just one thing in it, a case of Walmart bottled water. They gave us water and a trip to the Rangers station. We were saved. I was so happy I left my company cell phone and fannypack in their rental van. I was not looking forward to going back to work and tell the director I lost a Nextel phone. When I went in the office Monday after my vacation there was a FedEx package waiting for me. Phone and fannypack inside, I had a business card taped to the phone. There are angels in the woods. I love being in the woods. Alot easier to Hike when your backpack is under 40 pounds.
Stumpjumper

Ridgerunner

Re: Stumpjumper is 51

Post by Ridgerunner » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:03 pm

Happy BDAY Bro. You've caught up to me again ----for another 2 months. :P
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !