Howdy Everybody!

Welcome to bpLite. Introduce yourself, give a little hello and WELCOME.
ramblingbicyclist

Howdy Everybody!

Postby ramblingbicyclist » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:46 pm

Hey there i managed to find this forum searching the interwebs for more diy ideas. Im excited to get a chance to read more posts about diy gear and get input on my own projects. Especially love all of the stove interest around here!

cadyak

Re: Howdy Everybody!

Postby cadyak » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:20 pm

Welcome to a fellow rambler. :DB:
This is a cool place to see whats up with all kinds of stoves, Do it yourself projects , etc. Lots of fun new ideas comin all the time :D

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:37 pm

Hello cyclist!!!

Did you see the recent post on the wolf chasing the cyclist up in Alaska. Have you seen anything of interest along the highway while peddling? Any cans for stoves???? :D
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

ramblingbicyclist

Postby ramblingbicyclist » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:59 pm

Hey Zelph, I did see the video and i would not want to be the cyclist running from a wolf! I did get dive bombed by a bald eagle on the oregon coast while riding down a hill, luckilly he missed me! I also woke up surrounded by coyotes once and had a bear run through my campsite. I didnt need to make myself a stove on this trip the one pop can side jet stove i brought worked admirably and continues to do so but i did find a new leatherman multitool on the side of HWY 217 in california :DB:

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:44 pm

That Leatherman is one nice find....lucky you!!!! Being surrounded by a pack of coyotes is kinda scary. They get pretty big and mean looking. The bear running through your campsite wasn't bad.....it's the one twice as big chasing it that stopped to take a breather 30 feet away from you. :lol: and then decided to go the other way to chase another day. You lucked out :D

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:02 am

Wow, RC, you've had a few close call sticky situations. Finding a Leatherman SuperTool was a prize find. They are an excellent resource to carry on your belt! Maybe another cyclist stopped for repair and in their hast to get moving on left it behind so at least it is still in the brotherhood ;) :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:32 pm

Hey did you see yesterday's news where the water hikers were almost gulped up by 2 whales :o now that was a close encounters of a scary type :lol:

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:27 pm

I saw that. Those divers were very fortunate!
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

ramblingbicyclist

Postby ramblingbicyclist » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:37 am

Yeah iv had afew encounters with the wildlife but none of them have ended poorly for me. I was more amazed by the coyotes than worried, been around them my whole life and never had a pack circle me like that it was something i definitely wont forget anytime soon! It was a hell of a find for the leatherman but i prefer my SOG Paratool so i held onto it as trade and upgraded a leatherman into a Kathmondu Mono ul tent, something much more useful for me :D

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:38 am

ramblingbicyclist wrote:Yeah iv had afew encounters with the wildlife but none of them have ended poorly for me. I was more amazed by the coyotes than worried, been around them my whole life and never had a pack circle me like that it was something i definitely wont forget anytime soon! It was a hell of a find for the leatherman but i prefer my SOG Paratool so i held onto it as trade and upgraded a leatherman into a Kathmondu Mono ul tent, something much more useful for me :D

Good Trade!!!! :D
Attachments
catmandu.jpg

Return to “Welcome to bpLite.com!”