Hello out there!!

Welcome to bpLite. Introduce yourself, give a little hello and WELCOME.
Demeter

Hello out there!!

Postby Demeter » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:07 pm

Hi! My name is Demeter and I am a backpacking and foraging fanatic. Plus I have a major stove "problem," lol! Thrilled to find this board 'cos I love making new FBC recipes!

Can't wait to learn some new stuff!

zelph

Re: Hello out there!!

Postby zelph » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:46 pm

Wow! glad to have you here. :D

We have a few folks here that have some good venison recipes.

All stove issues can be resolved here ;)

Ask lots of questions and share a lot of info. What got you interested in food preparations? I like eggs :mrgreen:
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:06 am

Welcome to the site, Demeter and thanks for sharing your interesting links. I will have to spend more time delving into your DIY meals. What is your favorite? I like dehydrating homemade Skyline chili using very lean beef or venison and then adding it to a bag of Ramen noodles on the trail and cover with shredded cheddar. Skyline is a Cincinnati experience that I had never heard of until going to college in SW Ohio. Now, I am addicted...lol
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Demeter

Postby Demeter » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:34 am

zelph wrote:Wow! glad to have you here. :D

All stove issues can be resolved here ;)

Ask lots of questions and share a lot of info. What got you interested in food preparations? I like eggs :mrgreen:

Thanks Zelph.

BTW when I say stove "problem" I mean that I am a little bit of an addict. I have a rubbermaid tote full of stoves :D Love the Starlyte so much, I have 4 of them!

I am really interested in food preservation and preparation from an anthological perspective - namely how Native Americans and early American settlers collected, preserved, and used their foods. Probably because I am an avid forager so really into hunting/gathering kind of stuff.

Demeter

Postby Demeter » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:36 am

Ridgerunner wrote:Welcome to the site, Demeter and thanks for sharing your interesting links. I will have to spend more time delving into your DIY meals. What is your favorite? I like dehydrating homemade Skyline chili using very lean beef or venison and then adding it to a bag of Ramen noodles on the trail and cover with shredded cheddar. Skyline is a Cincinnati experience that I had never heard of until going to college in SW Ohio. Now, I am addicted...lol

Thanks Ridgerunner. I am not familiar with Skyline Chili. Will have to check that out! Right now my favorite DIY meal is a Mexi-Cali Beef and Bean Quinoa that I am working on, but I love to play around with baking on the trail with my alcohol stoves.

Return to “Welcome to bpLite.com!”