Another year at Bplite

Welcome to bpLite. Introduce yourself, give a little hello and WELCOME.
Ridgerunner

Another year at Bplite

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:47 am

Happy New Year friends and visitors and welcome to Bplite. :DB: :DP: :DBfire:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Re: Another year at Bplite

Postby zelph » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:13 pm

Thank you very much my friend :D

Time has flown by for sure. Presidential Campaign took too much time away from our regular tv programs so I gave up on tv and spent most of my time outdoors and in my garage tinkering and manufacturing stove stuff.

Stove designers are far and few in between. That's why it's been so quiet around here. I'm here today reading up on laminar flow versus turbulent flow of hot air moving up the sides of a pot of water :roll: LOL :lol: What a thing to be doing on the 1st day of the new year. :DB:

I've been designing a straight wall caldera cone :ugeek: not really but I'm interested in the difference, if any, the heating ability of a cone versus a straight wall pot support/windscreen.

I've been thinking "fishing" the last couple of weeks. The other day I caught some nice size crappies at one of the fishing piers here in the campground where I'm staying for the winter months. Will have fish for dinner tonight :fishing: :dinner: I'll be going fishing 1st think tomorrow morning to start the year off right :mrgreen: been using jigs tipped with crappie nibbles by "Berkely"
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:32 pm

Good for you my friend. I wish I was down there with you wetting a line for some crappie. I have been squeezing in some bow time . I've seen a few and sadly, missed one, we have a new(our first) grandson so there is a whole new set of priorities. Black powder season comes in this weekend for four days but I can only hunt Saturday. Lots of the things on my plate. Enjoy that southern weather. It has been pretty nice up here but the cold finally returns tomorrow.
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:26 pm

Good ole boys down here hunt in many ways 8-) boats, pickup trucks with big bumpers to smash into them on back roads. this week there was a deer laying on the roadside with head cut off. :roll: what a wasteful thing to do.

Ahhh....you are into a new phase of life. The last phase was empty nest syndrone :mrgreen:

I was introduce to an attractant to add to my jigs when fishing for the crappies. Berkleys nibbles for crappies. I'm using the "white"

http://www.berkley-fishing.com/berkley- ... 85453.html

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:55 pm

The crappie nibbles work but my brother-in-law convinced me that live crappie sized minnows are hard to beat. I'm looking forward to seeing the basket full of fish and hearing about the campground fish fry ;) :fishing: :bbq: :dinner:

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:35 pm

I prefer crappie size minnows but they are hard to come by down here. Last time I fished I used some large red worms and caught crappies. River is running fast due to rains so I'm :? on what to do :lol: Weather this morning was freezing sleet. Everyone is asked to remain home. They don't have salt trucks down here :o ya gotta wait till it warms up and melts. schools closed early. Didn't even think of going into the city to see how drivers react. Made a snowman out of 2 plastic globes and set it out on my front yard :lol: I'll see if I can get a photo of it for you.

I fry some fish today and will get a photo of that also.

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:32 pm

well my plans to cook went out the window :lol: Stove orders took me longer than expected and a trip to the post office led to eating out at Mi Toro restaurant.

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:49 pm

Bad weather doesn't last long down there. It's good to hear that the stove orders are keeping you busy. Are you still making the ribbed Foster pots?

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:55 am

The weather for next 5-6 days cloudy and 70 degrees. I'll try fishing again.
I don't make the ribbed fosters, gave that operation to my son. He sells them on ebay and direct to gossamer gear.
Attachments
DSCF3564.JPG
DSCF3563.JPG

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:00 pm

Tasty :dinner: :fishing: :bbq:
I prefer mine filleted but those will work ;)

Return to “Welcome to bpLite.com!”