DaddyMnM says Howdy.

Welcome to bpLite. Introduce yourself, give a little hello and WELCOME.
DaddyMnM

DaddyMnM says Howdy.

Postby DaddyMnM » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:21 pm

I have been experimenting with alcohol stoves for almost a year now. I saw my first on a make it blog and had to make one just to play with fire. I am familiar with the works of some of you already from reading posts here and elsewere. Youtube is one of my favorites.

I grew up in the midwest (born in Ohio, lived mostly in Illinois) and have been living in Seattle since 1981. I used to climb, bike, ski, or hike almost every weekend before I had kids, and I have been through a lot of gear. Now, not as much as I should. I am starting to get back into things and the stoves and info on the internet are a stimulus to that. The appeal of light packing is high, especially if comfort can be improved or maintained. Also, like you all I am sure, I like to play with fire and I like to make things.

I have built one of nearly every stove I have seen and have been contributing on other blogs. I am hoping to learn more about ultralight backpacking and hopefuily I will be able to contribute unique insights from time to time.

Allen

Re: DaddyMnM says Howdy.

Postby Allen » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:41 pm

Howdy DaddyMnM ! :)

Welcome!

I look forward to You're posts and insights! :)

Cheers!

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:17 pm

Welcome DaddyMnM, playing with fire is what we like doing the most around here. We didn't start out that way but it's how we wound up. We like staying warm, lightweight sleeping bags and lightweight stoves. If I'm warm, I'm happy. :) We also like to eat well on and off the trails.

First 2 weeks of April I'll be on the trails in the Shawnee National Forest down Southern Illinois. It'll be warm and the flowers will be in blossom, whoooHooo
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Skidsteer

Postby Skidsteer » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:22 pm

Welcome Home DaddyMnM !
Skids

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein, (attributed)

DaddyMnM

Postby DaddyMnM » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:19 pm

Thanks all. Zelph, I graduated SIU Carbondale in 1981. I've spent some time in the Shawnnee National Forest, but not since I left. It's a beutiful area for sure. Enjoy.

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:27 pm

I have built one of nearly every stove I have seen and have been contributing on other blogs. I am hoping to learn more about ultralight backpacking and hopefuily I will be able to contribute unique insights from time to time.

Welcome DaddyMnM. You must have alot of Alky stoves lying around. Sure is fun, ehh? You might find a few more here to try your hand at. Look forward to seeing some of your creations. What part of Ohio did you grow up in ?
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

DaddyMnM

Postby DaddyMnM » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:52 pm

I was born in Dayton but we moved to Central Illinois when I was 8, so my memories of Ohio are warm, fuzzy, and limited.

fingerlakeshiker

Postby fingerlakeshiker » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:26 pm

Welcome.

Return to “Welcome to bpLite.com!”