Critique my pack list please.

Backpacking is more than just about gear. Here's a forum to talk about the "philosophy" of lightweight backpacking.
ImageImage
zelph

Re: Critique my pack list please.

Postby zelph » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:23 pm

serevince wrote:All right sorry for the long wait! I am in the middle of moving back to the good ol' US of A!

Here's a few teaser pics, while I try and sort out all the pics. I am trying to figure out a blog type something or other to do a detailed write up of our trip. Any ideas?

This is the trial marker for Alta via 1. We mainly took variations, but all trails are very well marked. The Tabacco(sp?)brand maps are perfect.

1st night Rifugio Biella. Awesome people here. As with every year, we met several people that we ended up seeing all along the route and having great time!

Here's some random pics, the last two are our bivouc night at Cascata di Fanes. We had a blast doing the via ferrata that goes under a huge waterfall!

I'm left almost speachless. The large format photos are soo much better in conveying the beauty of scenic areas than the clickable to enlarge photos. Gee!!!! you've got some memorable sights to bring back with you, embedded in your mind and photos. I'm going to get my photo album out today and revisit some of the places that I had the opportunity to visit, take a trip back in time :D Good thing I took pictures ;)

MountainHouse and canister stoves :D

Thanks a million for the awesome photos!!!! I'll be back to view them many times. Wish I was there ;)
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:33 pm

Some awesome views, Vince. Are the horses wild? Even took an expresso brewer....sweet! Thanks for sharing the pics.
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

ConnieD

Postby ConnieD » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:54 am

Roughing it! That looks like a dream-vacation.
1st night Rifugio Biella. Awesome people here. As with every year, we met several people that we ended up seeing all along the route and having great time!

I really thought it would be like this picture and that view from your window.

I had no idea there was so much variety. I never thought there were forests.

I really thought cows grazed right up to the rocky tops of the mountains there. Maybe Switzerland?

I would like to be in that last photo. Right now, I am stuck in town.

I would say you should have food left over. It should be planned "extra food". It should be easy to get at and easy to prepare, if injured for example.

Making the same trip, year after year, helps you make "refinements" in your gear packed. I like to do that.

I also realize my packed gear is not "universal".

I got my pack list over decades of getting outdoors.

Return to “Zen and the art of lightweight backpacking”