Small fan motors for wood stoves

Always good to have some helpful tips when making stove.
Where to get materials cheap, what tool is best.
How to do a specific task. Anything that will help.
zelph

Re: Small fan motors for wood stoves

Postby zelph » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:24 am

For your first prototype use a steel can available from a hardware store or paint store. In the 1 litre size I suppose is how they might have them available in your area. A place that custom mixes paint for home use or automotive.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

seudo_411

Postby seudo_411 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:06 pm

I won't be doing the actual construction, I'm hoping to get my friend to make it, hence the comprehensive material list, its all the stuff he works with. I'm doing the design and modeling. the design i was referring to with all my compression questions is know as a axial compressor. it has alternating sets of fixed and shaft driven blades.
Save space, Live on the edge...

Life might be a Bitch, but at least she knows who her Daddy is...

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:32 pm

seudo_411 wrote:I won't be doing the actual construction, I'm hoping to get my friend to make it, hence the comprehensive material list, its all the stuff he works with. I'm doing the design and modeling. the design i was referring to with all my compression questions is know as a axial compressor. it has alternating sets of fixed and shaft driven blades.

In that case, keep looking for sheet brass and have him make it out of that. It's you're preference, hold out for the stuff you like.

Any suggestions on materials to use for the stove : doing a swat analysis on these metals. i.e weight, heat transfer, availiblity of material and tools, and lastly welding and cutting tools.

My previous answer was based on your statement.

seudo_411

Postby seudo_411 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:21 pm

zelph wrote:
seudo_411 wrote:I won't be doing the actual construction, I'm hoping to get my friend to make it, hence the comprehensive material list, its all the stuff he works with. I'm doing the design and modeling. the design i was referring to with all my compression questions is know as a axial compressor. it has alternating sets of fixed and shaft driven blades.

In that case, keep looking for sheet brass and have him make it out of that. It's you're preference, hold out for the stuff you like.

Any suggestions on materials to use for the stove : doing a swat analysis on these metals. i.e weight, heat transfer, availiblity of material and tools, and lastly welding and cutting tools.

My previous answer was based on your statement.

Thanks for the input Zelph, the brass is a no go, I've been seriously reconsidering my double wall design, and i realized that if i use a Bundt pan as my firebowl, i won't need to have a double wall, as i could just make use of the center tube/shaft to bring the air up in to the bowl. i also have a second cup that would be useful for holding the fan, and the stabilizing legs. see pics below,

ImageImage
Image The card is a standard size credit card
ImageImage
Save space, Live on the edge...

Life might be a Bitch, but at least she knows who her Daddy is...

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:40 pm

I change my mind alot when designing stoves. New ideas flow and get better as you go. :D

That's why I acumillate so much stuff and can't find anything when I need it the most. :(

therealtrevor_nz

Postby therealtrevor_nz » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:00 am

Hi, my latest creation uses a computer fan, have a look: Image

Cheers,
Tim

Return to “Stove Making Tips”