A New Stovie-

Always good to have some helpful tips when making stove.
Where to get materials cheap, what tool is best.
How to do a specific task. Anything that will help.
russb

Re: A New Stovie-

Post by russb » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:50 pm

seudo_411 wrote:
Russb, that is good suggestion, I was looking for something else to add to the testing regiment, whereby the two stoves are compared, the most efficient one is then taken to secondary testing, for pot height.

I would reverse the process... maximize efficiency for pot height and then when one has the optimum for each stove, then compare the stoves' efficiencies. to calculate the efficiencies, you could have him check out the posts over at backpackinglight where zelpg posted his "hole stove" results and someone over there showed the calculations he used. I created a spreadsheet that one can use to enter data to determine the efficiency (as defined as the ratio of energy transferred to the water/potential energy in the fuel). Jon brings up a good point, boil time is another metric one might be interested in.

seudo_411

Re: A New Stovie-

Post by seudo_411 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:29 am

russb wrote:
seudo_411 wrote:
Russb, that is good suggestion, I was looking for something else to add to the testing regiment, whereby the two stoves are compared, the most efficient one is then taken to secondary testing, for pot height.

I would reverse the process... maximize efficiency for pot height and then when one has the optimum for each stove, then compare the stoves' efficiencies. to calculate the efficiencies, you could have him check out the posts over at backpackinglight where zelph posted his "hole stove" results and someone over there showed the calculations he used. I created a spreadsheet that one can use to enter data to determine the efficiency (as defined as the ratio of energy transferred to the water/potential energy in the fuel). Jon brings up a good point, boil time is another metric one might be interested in.
I see the logic in that now, by having the stoves in optimum operational setup before doing comparisons.

I am starting to get that feeling that I will do all the work, oh well, If you do what you love its not really work...
Save space, Live on the edge...

Life might be a Bitch, but at least she knows who her Daddy is...