fancee feest queston

Always good to have some helpful tips when making stove.
Where to get materials cheap, what tool is best.
How to do a specific task. Anything that will help.
GiroToGo

fancee feest queston

Post by GiroToGo » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:58 am

I"m going snow camping in 2 days. We have other stoves, but I thought about the fancee feest stove. i know it will take longer than the other stoves to melt snow, but what else will I do with the time. Since I didn't think about this earlier, I guess I will have to make one. I think the stainless steel, or galvanized steel is hard to cut, what about aluminum flashing...will that work or will it melt. If I use SS any tips on cutting it. thanks in advance.

zelph

Re: fancee feest queston

Post by zelph » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:42 am

Yes, use aluminum flashing or an aluminum beer/mtn dew bottle or Venom bottle. Those will get you the material needed.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Knotty

Post by Knotty » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:28 pm

A 2" long tubular section cut from an aluminum bottle fits perfectly as the center pot support.

jdempsey

Post by jdempsey » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:25 pm

White Rain Volumizing Extra Hold Mouse ;P

$1.50 per bottle at Ingles. :o

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:59 am

So JD..does your hair look like Little Richard's or Don King's? :mrgreen:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

jdempsey

Post by jdempsey » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:42 am

Bob Marley, and that's no shit. :p

I don't need mouse to be natty ;D

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:37 am

Rastaman....Naughty Dread! Don't know about the look but love the Raeggae Music. Big Bob Marley fan! :D
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:48 am

If you've got mouse in your hair,you've probably slept in too many AT shelters and you may want to get a trap and some cheese :o ..but if its mousse,you may get some of the knots and tangles out.
On the other hand..I always wondered if that was painful sleeping on it.... :o Sorry..I'm not trying to be cruel..just wonder why someone would do that,looks painful :o ..Yeah..I like Marley,too. :?:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

GiroToGo

Post by GiroToGo » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:38 am

If you use aluminum flashing, do you need to overlap the ends, jb weld or use rivets?

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:09 pm

Some of us just use paperclips(top and bottom of the lap) to make the flashing circular.That way you can overlap it and use it for any pot..adjustable that way...roll it up smaller in the pot/storage container when not in use.
Holes for venting can be punched just with a standard paper punch where you want or need them.
I use garden edging which is about 3-1/2" high corrugated about every 1/2",comes in a 25' roll with rolled over sturdier edges.cut what I need + a couple inches in length,punch the holes around the bottom's perimeter and the top(if testing appears you should or allow 1/4" space from the pot)..cut one area down for a pot handle if needed..paperclip it circular and go!I can usually find a 25' roll of the corrugated stuff at garage sales or swap meets for $2-3...or you can buy usually dry vent aluminum duct pieces(not the expanding type) at lowes which is cheap,thinner, and lighter..4" diamter..if you use skinny pots,heinypots, or foster's cans..or a huge 12" high roll of sheet flashing...

It's better if you make it high enough to cover maybe 1/2" up the side of the bottom of the pot with a 1/4" air gap probably..why sometimes 3-1/2" high may not be enough depending on the stove and potstand height you are using.This was"garage testing" so I wasn't too concerned and just grabbed something that was already there on my counter(I was hungry,can you tell?... :mrgreen: ).I don't know if the edging is still available retail but I've seen price tags on the ones I've gotten that show retail was $5-6..cheap for 25' already edged and corrugated.You could probably stand on the stuff.