fancee feest queston

Always good to have some helpful tips when making stove.
Where to get materials cheap, what tool is best.
How to do a specific task. Anything that will help.
zelph

Re: fancee feest queston

Post by zelph » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:40 pm

Large paper clips is what I use :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Knotty

Post by Knotty » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:09 pm

GiroToGo wrote:If you use aluminum flashing, do you need to overlap the ends, jb weld or use rivets?
Are you asking about the center pot support in the stove or the windscreen?

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:31 pm

Are you asking about the center pot support in the stove or the windscreen?
Now you've got me wondering.. :lol: I was assuming a windscreen... :o..Sometimes I use it for both..as you can see in the picture..I do have another two handled 5" pot that fits nicely up to the handles,which hold it up,as long as the stove isn't too high.
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Post by zelph » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:23 pm

I think he was talking pot support. Realityguy confused me :o

Try some super glue. Overlap 1". Use 000 steel wool to clean both surfaces well. Somebody try it, anybody....let us know if it works (stove science 101)

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:13 am

I think he was talking pot support. Realityguy confused me :o
Now there's a first... :lol:

I think you are right..talking potstand...I don't think super glue would hold too well..lot of heat there..
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

GiroToGo

Post by GiroToGo » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:34 pm

I made a fancee feest, but I couldn't get 2 cups of water to boil on .5 oz. Any suggestions?

zelph

Post by zelph » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:20 pm

GiroToGo wrote:I made a fancee feest, but I couldn't get 2 cups of water to boil on .5 oz. Any suggestions?
Use an aluminum pot, 5.5 inches in dia. Use denatured alcohol and 70 degree beginning water temp.

Knotty

Post by Knotty » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:30 pm

GiroToGo wrote:I made a fancee feest, but I couldn't get 2 cups of water to boil on .5 oz. Any suggestions?
How close did you come?

Boiling is actually a tremendous waste of energy. The phase change from liquid to gas provides no benefit to cooking. The boil is just a convenient visual reference that lets us know we got the water hot w/o the need for a thermometer. Sorry. Getting off topic. :)

GiroToGo

Post by GiroToGo » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:28 pm

On the previous post, I was speaking of the pot stand. Sorry for the confusion. I ended up using a stapler to connect the ends. I put.5 oz of denatured alcohol and it burned about 5 min. I was using a windscreen and a hineken pot, indoors. The final temperature was 170F. What do you guys think?

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:17 pm

Sorry. Getting off topic. :)
:lol: ..Not really..RR and I are famous for that..See? :lol:

Yeah..My mistake for going towards the windscreen,sorry about that..Stapling it might be a good way to go..looks like Zelph is welding his stainless.I think I'd be more apt to use stainless than aluminum for longevity.I would think the tighter more airtight the joint the better it will burn.The height of the pot above the flame may be a factor also.Zelph has done more testing on that and can give you a better idea of the best height for the most efficient burn.