fancee feest queston

Always good to have some helpful tips when making stove.
Where to get materials cheap, what tool is best.
How to do a specific task. Anything that will help.
zelph

Re: fancee feest queston

Post by zelph » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:09 pm

Finally, no one has discussed system level testing on the bench. Some of the initial measurements that I have made indicate that the classic style of windscreens can reach an internal temperature over 120 F in a 70 F environment. I have seen this decrease the burn rate as well as reduce stove efficiency. In some windscreen designs, the performance is a lot worse than having no screen at all. I would like to see a thread started as to how to optimize stove designs and windscreens concurrently. The Caldera system is a good example. They seem to require a low burning stove to optimize system level performance.
I nominate "just tinkering" as "Windscreen" system level engineer on bench method. All in favor signify by the vote of yeah or nay. If there are other candidates now is the time to nominate. :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

DarenN

Post by DarenN » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:16 pm

yerp! he gets my YEAH vote.
he talks like he knows more stuff than i do! ;) :mrgreen:
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:23 pm

Yep, JT, do your thing! ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Post by zelph » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:57 pm

just tinkering wrote:Right....... I suspect that my significant other would have issues with that. She wonders why it didn't stop after the first stove. I told her that it is a hobby and she asks about my other "hobbies" like painting the house and fixing the deck.
First fix the deck and then start the windscreen project :D

I vote yeah :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:00 am

My wife says you should "have at it also"... :mrgreen: ..I've got two places I need to whip into shape this spring..fortunately the smaller only needs the annual "catch up with the yard growth and fight back the moss"...too new for fixin'.(glad of that!).This monster may need reroofing before I get too old to do it... :cry:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy