Swedish Military SVEA Stove Kit

The vintage stoves are still being used.
Show us some pics of yours.
User avatar
Skidsteer
Posts: 555
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:10 pm
Location: Leisure Acres

Swedish Military SVEA Stove Kit

Postby Skidsteer » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:04 pm

Here are some photos of my Swedish Miltary Svea stove kit. Only thing I couldn't find was the bail for the pot. It's around here somewhere...

Image
Stove kit all packed up.

Image
Trangia burner(large)nested inside pot.

Image
All components of the kit.

Image
Burner placement under stand/wind jacket.

Image
Cooking configuration.
Skids

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein, (attributed)
Image

User avatar
zelph
Posts: 15822
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:53 pm

Re: Swedish Military SVEA Stove Kit

Postby zelph » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:15 pm

Nice photos skids. I'm going to get one on ebay next week :D I want to test the flameometer using the legendary Trangia/Svea burner. I want to measure the burner to pot distance and view it through the flameometer. The military must have done extensive tests and came to the conclusion of the pot to burner distance. Inquiring minds want to know. :D

In this photo, what is the oval shaped item around the bottom of the burner? It has a raised ridge all the way around it. What is it's purpose?

Image
Burner placement under stand/wind jacket.

Anybody have a Svea military to sell before I get one on ebay? :)
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

User avatar
Skidsteer
Posts: 555
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:10 pm
Location: Leisure Acres

Re: Swedish Military SVEA Stove Kit

Postby Skidsteer » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:34 pm

zelph wrote:Nice photos skids. I'm going to get one on ebay next week :D I want to test the flameometer using the legendary Trangia/Svea burner. I want to measure the burner to pot distance and view it through the flameometer. The military must have done extensive tests and came to the conclusion of the pot to burner distance. Inquiring minds want to know. :D

In this photo, what is the oval shaped item around the bottom of the burner? It has a raised ridge all the way around it. What is it's purpose?

Image
Burner placement under stand/wind jacket.

Anybody have a Svea military to sell before I get one on ebay? :)


That's the bottom of the outer wind jacket. It's stamped that way. If you look just below the trangia burner, you'll see where the bottom of the wind jacket is cut out to allow you to light the burner and set the entire assembly over top it.

Keep in mind that this burner is LARGE compare to the Westwind or Mini- Trangia burner and is not quite as effecient, IMO.
Skids

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein, (attributed)
Image

User avatar
zelph
Posts: 15822
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:53 pm

Re: Swedish Military SVEA Stove Kit

Postby zelph » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:40 pm

That clarified it. I can see where it's cut out. Looks like the entire system is bullet proof :)


Keep in mind that this burner is LARGE compare to the Westwind or Mini- Trangia burner and is not quite as effecient, IMO.


It's a good size to start with, easy to see what's goin on :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

oops56
Posts: 1920
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:31 am

Re: Swedish Military SVEA Stove Kit

Postby oops56 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:00 pm

O K listen up turn over the bottom part put burner on the pot stand now you can use round pots or fry pan plus its sill a good wind screen

Image
Man play with fire man get burnt

User avatar
Pure Mahem
Posts: 447
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:13 am

Re: Swedish Military SVEA Stove Kit

Postby Pure Mahem » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:42 pm

saw these kits on sale at sportsmansguide the deal was 4 kits complete for $20 + shipping don't know if that helps or not. I've been looking to find trangia or clone also with no luck besides ebay I know there is a company called highlander that makes a clone too besides the westwind model. I'll probably end up breaking down and buying one off of ebay too. Why does ebay have to be so damn addictive? :mrgreen:
"Lad I don't know where you've been. But, I see you won first prize!"

oops56
Posts: 1920
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:31 am

Re: Swedish Military SVEA Stove Kit

Postby oops56 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:31 pm

here we go the first is a jiffy heat next is the standard trangia the others military the last one was a military that i cut open then put it in a fancy feast can still works ok
Image
Man play with fire man get burnt

User avatar
zelph
Posts: 15822
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:53 pm

Re: Swedish Military SVEA Stove Kit

Postby zelph » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:26 am

oops56 wrote:here we go the first is a jiffy heat next is the standard trangia the others military the last one was a military that i cut open then put it in a fancy feast can still works ok
Image


The one on the far right is a jiffy heat with what? What did you put inside of it? It looks like its doing better than the others :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

oops56
Posts: 1920
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:31 am

Re: Swedish Military SVEA Stove Kit

Postby oops56 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:33 am

The left one is jiffy heat the last one on right was a big military one that i cut open cause it only burn yellow then the can was short all cut up so it fit the steel fancy fest can j b weld it together burns nice now.
Man play with fire man get burnt

User avatar
zelph
Posts: 15822
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:53 pm

Re: Swedish Military SVEA Stove Kit

Postby zelph » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:47 am

oops56 wrote:The left one is jiffy heat the last one on right was a big military one that i cut open cause it only burn yellow then the can was short all cut up so it fit the steel fancy fest can j b weld it together burns nice now.


The jiffy heat has a large rounded shoulder, I've not seen one like that, where did you get it?

Take a close up photo of it please so we can see how it's made :D Thank You Oops

Skids, do you use your large military burner on occasion?

How about you oops, do you use yours? Is ebay the best place to get the big one?
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/


Return to “Vintage Backpacking Stoves”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest