JulyEntry---Ridgerunner

oops56

Re: JulyEntry---Ridgerunner

Postby oops56 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:47 pm

Ok i just did a sink drain on a military alcohol the big ones . Teh screen was 1/4 in. from top it kills the flame down a bit no big spread and better blue.

No time test just to see if it work must let stove get going then put on screen

Man play with fire man get burnt

dlarson
Site Admin

Postby dlarson » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:44 am

Ridgerunner wrote:This video thing has me a bit confused. Photobucket says the maximum size you can load is 100 mb. My latest effort was only 34 mb and 8+ minutes and each time i loaded it, it said it was complete but only plays for 5 minutes and stops. Any ideas? Well my niece hooked me up an account on youtube and we tried loading it there. Here is the link, not sure if it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6AMfhAUz-U

Very nice stove!

As for the video thing, the maximum video length for a FREE account at Photo Bucket is 5 minutes. The maximum video length for a PRO account is 10 minutes. The maximum upload file size for both is 100MB. PhotoBucket FAQ

***EDIT***

Well, I should have finished reading the thread before posting. :oops:
You already figured all that out!
"Hiking is just walking where it's O.K. to pee." -Demetri Martin

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:29 pm

so?
does that make Ridgerunner the weiner for July?
:?
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

zelph

Postby zelph » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:02 pm

DarenN wrote:so?
does that make Ridgerunner the weiner for July?
:?

No, I don't think so. We need a late entry pulled from previous posts. Anybody got a stove previously entered but ddidn't win enter it today and tomorrow. At the end of the day tomorrow we vote. We can't just let him have it so easy. Life isn't just that way :mrgreen:

I can't believe July is gone already!!!!!!!
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:32 pm

Since the dead line has been extended, I want to nominate Daren's Dubbin's shoe polish stove! ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:35 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:Since the dead line has been extended, I want to nominate Daren's Dubbin's shoe polish stove! ;)

thanks Ridgerunner, but it's a fuel hog. takes a full ounce of Methyl Hydrate to boil two cups.

Daren.....

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:42 pm

thanks Ridgerunner, but it's a fuel hog. takes a full ounce of Methyl Hydrate to boil two cups.

Wonder why? Might be your wicking material. Not all stoves are gas mizers :lol: What is the diameter of the tin? I have some polish tins for travel that are pretty small.
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:49 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:

Wonder why? Might be your wicking material. Not all stoves are gas mizers :lol: What is the diameter of the tin? I have some polish tins for travel that are pretty small.

same wicking i've used in all my screen topped burners, and some of them will boil on very little fuel. it's the size of the burner, i'm sure. 3 1/2" diameter. the little (2" diameter) polish tin i brought up for July is the same construction and boils two cups on 17ml Methyl Hydrate.

Daren....

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:09 pm

same wicking i've used in all my screen topped burners, and some of them will boil on very little fuel. it's the size of the burner, i'm sure. 3 1/2" diameter. the little (2" diameter) polish tin i brought up for July is the same construction and boils two cups on 17ml Methyl Hydrate.

Diameter---that's what I figured. It's the design that matters. Use a smaller tin. consider it still nominated on design structure and it works ! ;)

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:12 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:

Diameter---that's what I figured. It's the design that matters. Use a smaller tin. consider it still nominated on design structure and it works ! ;)

ok ok! i give!! :lol:
i'll post it for this month, ok?

Daren.....

Return to “Stove Of The Month Club”