For Month of September

Ridgerunner

Re: For Month of September

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:04 am

I am just living a little too in city right now to burn a lot of wood. Its also in the 70's right now, which is nice, but it is too warm for fire. Maybe on some up coming cool breezy fall or winter days

Aw Shucks DaddyMnM, your only talking about a small contained fire for maybe 10 minutes. Kind of like soaking the coals in a big charcoal grill and setting a match to it. The neighbors shouldn't mind unless your on the balcony of a high rise apartment. :lol: Being in Seattle, the 70's probably is warm to you but is considered ideal in the midwest. When we hit the upper 80's or 90's with our humidity, you bet I don't feel like burning fires either. ;) i don't even feel like cranking up the gas grill on days like that. Can you say George Foreman :lol: or a chef salad or a sectioned whole tomato filled with tuna or chicken salad. ;) Somehow it always comes back to food for me :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:50 pm

All of you need to try the Garlington design or something close to it. Holes made with a church key at the base and 3/4 the way up on the side of a vegetable can. Use small dry twigs. Ignite at the top of the pile with a little help from some alcohol or charcol lighter. Watch how it burns all the way down with luck. Very little smoke it you use dry twigs.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

oops56

Postby oops56 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:52 pm

zelph wrote:All of you need to try the Garlington design or something close to it. Holes made with a church key at the base and 3/4 the way up on the side of a vegetable can. Use small dry twigs. Ignite at the top of the pile with a little help from some alcohol or charcol lighter. Watch how it burns all the way down with luck. Very little smoke it you use dry twigs.

:lol: :lol: A church key :lol: these young f--t do not know what a church is ever thing now days is zip top plus had to find even at lawn sales
Man play with fire man get burnt

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:42 pm

I forgot about that, I must have had a Senior Moment there :lol: :lol: :lol:

They still make them to be used on tall juice cans. Martha Stewart still makes them for us :D

Wonder how it would be to open a brewski with one on an aluminum can :mrgreen: Reminiscent of the olden days :roll: :roll:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “Stove Of The Month Club”