Time to vote for September entries.

Ridgerunner

Re: Time to vote for September entries.

Postby Ridgerunner » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:43 pm

DarenN wrote:RE-COUNT!!
RR got three (3) votes.

My math says FOUR votes :D Oops56, russb, DaddyMnM, and DarenN

Thanks to all that voted for my TriCastle. I don't know how well it will hold up over time as this is the prototype and I used what materials I had in house. The design is sound and is fit for backpacking as is. It would be very easy to reconstruct out of thicker or better material to insure longevity. Personally, I would not let the weight of the MK1 keep me from taking it backpacking as i have used my TayKit, Svea123, Optimus8R on many occasions and they all are in the one pound range. If I were hiking a great distance for a long period, sure, I would go with a lightweight alcohol stove, but just out for a weekend or week long trip, I have not let the weight of the stove kept me from taking it. The rocket stove is a great designed stove but would have to be completely revamped(sounds like a challenge) to be practical for backpacking. I have some ideas buzzing around upstairs on how to make a practical Rocket Stove.
Russb, since you were first to vote for the TriCastle and would be willing to buy one, it is my honor to reward you with this winning design, to test and report back on how well she holds up over time. Let me know what improvements it might need, what you like and dislike. ;) PM me your address and I will hook you up.
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Re: Time to vote for September entries.

Postby zelph » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:23 am

DarenN wrote:RE-COUNT!!
RR got three (3) votes.

I stand corrected :D Not sure about what oops said, the cannons distracted me :D :lol: :lol:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “Stove Of The Month Club”